TECH: Williams FLASH L.E.D. Question !!!!

I have a Williams Flash machine, and on the 3rd and 4th scoring LED
display, only the top half of both are showing. How do I correct and
do I need to replace the LED displays???

Please advise.

thanks for the help,
Kevin

Hey Kevin,

It's not an LED display - they're gas plasma discharge. Much higher voltage
than LED's is the main reason I'm pointing that out : )

The problem is going to most likely be on your display controller board, which
is the lower left display on your machine. It could also be a connector problem
at that board, or at the connectors on the top edge of your MPU board (top left
board inside the backbox)

Read here for more info: http://marvin3m.com/sys37/index3.htm#display
Keep in mind several generations are covered here so not all the information
will match your machine. Flash is a system 4.

Richard

On 11 Jun 2005 11:14:48 -0700, kevinmarnib@earthlink.net wrote:

>I have a Williams Flash machine, and on the 3rd and 4th scoring LED
>display, only the top half of both are showing. How do I correct and
>do I need to replace the LED displays???
>
>Please advise.
>
>thanks for the help,
>Kevin

Check the resistors on the master display board, sounds like a couple
are out of spec.

zTim