Need help from the gamers with replacing mouse

GoYanks34

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
I'm hoping some of you can help me out. I currently have a Logitech MX Revolution and the cursor keeps stuttering and pausing while I'm playing games and I'm very close to throwing out the window. I need to get another mouse, I prefer wireless but I'm not totally opposed to wired. I like the ergonomics of the Revolution so I prefer a palm grip and I need laser since I hate using a mouse pad. I have been doing a lot of research on the different mice out there and I like the X8 Sidewinder but I'm concerned it may be too big for me from the reviews (I'm a woman). I also liked the Logitech G5 & G7 (unsure if my problem is a logitech problem, a wireless problem, neither or both), Razer Death Adder and Microsoft Habu. I do not play hard core games, just things like Luxor, but I cannot take another day of slamming my mouse through my desk b/c it stopped mid game and screwed me up! I would like to know your thoughts on the mice I mentioned, if they have a comfortable grip and if you think it is "overkill" buying a gaming mouse if you're not a real gamer.

I have a fairly new computer with plenty of RAM, large hard drive and dual processor so that's not the problem. I also uninstalled the Logitech software, thinking that may be slowing it down, but it stayed the same. Moved the transmitter to the USB hub in the front and no change with that either. I'm sure all of my mouse slamming has not helped this problem either!

Any advice or mouse suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pontus-w

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Test the mouse on another computer, it might be the operating system or something else meaning that a reinstallation of Windows (if that’s what your using) might do the trick.

I’m not a woman and actually no gamer any more either but I do have small hands and for me it is really important that the mouse is sensitive enough because that’s what I’m used to since I was playing games like Counter-Strike. Any way, the best mouse I have ever tested it the G9 form Logitch and it is as small as you want because of its modular design. I have two of those!
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/5092&cl=us,en

GoYanks34

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009

I did exactly that. I bought the G5 (great deal for $35 on Buydig.com) and it works flawlessly!. Still getting used to the grip - not horribly different than the MX Rev. but it is wider with less of a back hump and my fingers lay slightly differently on it. I am very happy with it. Didn't go with the G9 because it was more money and there is a new Logitech gaming mouse coming out and it is the same list price as the G9 so if I was going to spend the money, I'd probably try that one instead.

I have tried the mouse on another computer and it had the same problem. I also bought a WOW pad mousepad and nothing helped. I have contacted Logitech and they are going to send me a shipping tag and replace my Revolution. Hopefully it is just a defective mouse and the new one will work.

Thanks to all those that replied!