is better a Sata DVDWriter or IDe or USB2?

herba98

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2004
hi friends, I need to buy a new dvd writer and want to know if is much better to buy a Sata DVDWR than a IDE or USB2 model, what do you think about it? I'm a computer fan user, not only a home user, but I don't work burning disk.

Which one is the better option with the best relation performance-price?

how important is the cache memory? 2MB is enought?

thanks friends

pat

Expert
Get a cheap IDE ATA burner like the BenQ 1640. It is one of the best right now, cost about 40$. About the cache memory, with burn proof, the need for the cache is less important. If you have a modern system, you won't have any problem.

(\__/)
<b>(</b>='.'=<b>)</b>
(")<b><font color=red>ώ</font color=red></b>(") This is my bunny.. got mumps from Ned!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
IDE is much faster than USB 2.0.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pat

Expert
Rounded IDE cable can be nice too...

(\__/)
<b>(</b>='.'=<b>)</b>
(")<b><font color=red>ώ</font color=red></b>(") This is my bunny.. got mumps from Ned!!!

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
yea that's true also.... but i wouldn't compare SATA cables to Rounded IDE's... even the rounded cables are still stiff and shitty to work with... SATA are by far better cables imho

"STOP BEING LAZY AND GOOGLE IT!"

TRENDING THREADS