Connect back of tv card to cd aux

dorkus_malorkus

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002
I have a Winfast TV 2000 XP Deluxe card and I can't connect the sound on the back of the card to the input for the onboard sound on my motherboard (K8VSE Deluxe). I have a 5.1 speaker setup and the speaker cables occupy all three inputs/outputs. The onboard sound has a 2 speaker mode where the 3rd port is a line-in and in surround mode they are all outputs. Is it possible to connect the audio out on the tv card to aux cd in on the motherboard? Maybe splice the cables together or some sort of adapter. I searched around and didn't find anything. If I try it I will have to ruin a cable I actually need or go out and buy another one. Just wondering if anyone has done this or if it's worth the effort. I have had this card in another computer and the soundcard had a nice breakout box so there were no problem like this. Also there is no internal connection on the tv card. Many cards have this but not this one.

pat

Expert
You could just get a cheap video card for recording only. Two sound card can be used with XP. You'll have to select the correct sound input afetr installation. Cheap sound card can be bought for 10$ ...

(\__/)
<b>(</b>='.'=<b>)</b>
(")<b><font color=red>ώ</font color=red></b>(") This is my bunny.. got mumps from Ned!!!