Sign in with
Your question

Case Fan with Balls or Sleeve?

Last response: in Components
October 22, 2005 11:19:37 PM

hi friends, I have a new Venice Processor and a new case and I need to buy a new case fan, I've read about 2 types of fans, with 2 Balls or Sleeve, with if better in your opinion? which has more beneficts?

More about : case fan balls sleeve

October 23, 2005 4:21:20 AM

Sleeve=Quiet but shorter life.
Ball= A little more noise but longer life.

<font color=blue><b>I Harley here, I Harley there, this bear will Harley anywhere.</font color=blue>
:smile: <font color=red>I am the Harley Bear. :smile:
October 23, 2005 9:56:42 AM

Panaflows use a sleeve. Most stock VGA coolers use ball bearings. Which lasts longer?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Related resources
October 23, 2005 11:40:13 PM

Panaflo's use unique patented bearings which can't be topped. I use them exclusively. I don't know of any small fan (VGA, NB) that last very long. I gave him the general accepted answer. Where were you?

<font color=blue><b>I Harley here, I Harley there, this bear will Harley anywhere.</font color=blue>
:smile: <font color=red>I am the Harley Bear. :smile:
October 24, 2005 12:35:43 AM

Actually some chipsets are using standard 40mm by 10mm fans. The bearing shaft is around twice as long as VGA fans typically allow, making the blade more stable and preserving the life of the fan. Also, the blades are deeper, so the fan doesn't have to spin as fast to deliver the same amount of air. So when you combine the longer shaft with slower speed, you end up with a chipset fan that can last several years, rather than several months.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
October 27, 2005 2:26:38 PM

Wow what a delema! Choosing between a Male and Female Case Fan! :smile:

Hey Man! My Fan Has Balls! :smile:
November 3, 2005 1:41:50 PM

Yes, in that respect I wouldn't take wusy's advice. I think he's partial to balls.

Oh you touch my Tralala
November 4, 2005 12:33:35 PM

Hey man, my PC is ball-less! [shrugs]

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
November 5, 2005 12:12:33 PM

I heard of those for cars an trucks...
How about a dikchair, you sit on the balls, recline on the shaft!

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
!