How to set logon hours in Windows XP Home Edition/Professi..

Tags:
  • Security
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 2, 2005 12:40:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.os.ms.windows.misc (More info?)

I start the Help, search for "logon hours"
Then click "Network security: Force logoff
when logon hours expire"

At the bottom, I clicked the link "Set logon hours"

But I got:

This information is not availableThe information you are trying to
locate refers to features that are not available in this version of
Windows. The information is not present in this documentation set.

Click the Back button to return to the previous topic.

So my question is which version of Windows XP allows me set the
logon hours for each user?

Thank Q very much in advance!

More about : set logon hours windows home edition professi

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 2, 2005 12:40:26 PM

"RC" <raymond.chui@nospam.noaa.gov> wrote in message
news:D cnq3h$grh$1@news.nems.noaa.gov...
>I start the Help, search for "logon hours"
> Then click "Network security: Force logoff
> when logon hours expire"
>
> At the bottom, I clicked the link "Set logon hours"
>
> But I got:
>
> This information is not availableThe information you are trying to locate
> refers to features that are not available in this version of Windows. The
> information is not present in this documentation set.
>
> Click the Back button to return to the previous topic.
>
> So my question is which version of Windows XP allows me set the
> logon hours for each user?
>
> Thank Q very much in advance!

I don't think it is possible with Windows xp unless you have some sort of
parental control software installed. windows itself has no such feature that
i have ever seen or heard of.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 2, 2005 12:40:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.os.ms.windows.misc (More info?)

RC <raymond.chui@nospam.noaa.gov> wrote:

|>So my question is which version of Windows XP allows me set the
|>logon hours for each user?

XP home version is the only version of NT you can't do this on.
(Without third party help)

Any other version this can be done through the Group Policies
(gpedit.msc)
--
Ever wonder what the rest of the world is searching for?
http://tinyurl.com/6ow99

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.os.ms.windows.misc (More info?)

PC TimeWatch
http://www.mainsoft.fr/en/pctwoverview.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"RC" wrote:

| I start the Help, search for "logon hours"
| Then click "Network security: Force logoff
| when logon hours expire"
|
| At the bottom, I clicked the link "Set logon hours"
|
| But I got:
|
| This information is not availableThe information you are trying to
| locate refers to features that are not available in this version of
| Windows. The information is not present in this documentation set.
|
| Click the Back button to return to the previous topic.
|
| So my question is which version of Windows XP allows me set the
| logon hours for each user?
|
| Thank Q very much in advance!
August 2, 2005 1:09:59 PM

ABS wrote:

> I don't think it is possible with Windows xp unless you have some sort of
> parental control software installed. windows itself has no such feature that
> i have ever seen or heard of.

How come Bill Gate he never has a trouble teenager at home?
What a bummer!
!