Dell service

The following is from Robert Cringely's newsletter dated 08/29/2005 in
Infoworld:

*Dude, you're getting screwed:* Consumers have given Dell the finger,
and it's a thumb pointing due south. A University of Michigan survey
notes that Dell's customer satisfaction rating
<http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=EC7986:1F5912F> has dropped like
a rock -- although it's still higher than HP's. No surprise there. The
phrase "getting Dell'd" refers to being pilloried by bloggers
<http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=EC7985:1F5912F> frustrated by
poor customer service. And don't hold your breath waiting for the Round
Rockers to change their evil ways. Profits were up 28 percent in Q2,
topping $1 billion. Those are the numbers Dell really cares about.

Some trolls take longer than others to return to their teenage chat rooms.

Ted Zieglar

"Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> wrote in message news:BTFUe.37700$U63.26439@fe12.lga...
> The following is from Robert Cringely's newsletter dated 08/29/2005 in
> Infoworld:
>
> *Dude, you're getting screwed:* Consumers have given Dell the finger,
> and it's a thumb pointing due south. A University of Michigan survey
> notes that Dell's customer satisfaction rating
> <http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=EC7986:1F5912F> has dropped like
> a rock -- although it's still higher than HP's. No surprise there. The
> phrase "getting Dell'd" refers to being pilloried by bloggers
> <http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=EC7985:1F5912F> frustrated by
> poor customer service. And don't hold your breath waiting for the Round
> Rockers to change their evil ways. Profits were up 28 percent in Q2,
> topping $1 billion. Those are the numbers Dell really cares about.

What's your point. I read Cringely's article too. It's a pretty respected
magazine.
Some trolls take longer than others to return to their teenage chat rooms.

Ted Zieglar

"Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> wrote in message
> The following is from Robert Cringely's newsletter dated 08/29/2005 in
> Infoworld:
>
> *Dude, you're getting screwed:* Consumers have given Dell the finger,
> and it's a thumb pointing due south. A University of Michigan survey
> notes that Dell's customer satisfaction rating
> <http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=EC7986:1F5912F> has dropped like
> a rock -- although it's still higher than HP's. No surprise there. The
> phrase "getting Dell'd" refers to being pilloried by bloggers
> <http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=EC7985:1F5912F> frustrated by
> poor customer service. And don't hold your breath waiting for the Round
> Rockers to change their evil ways. Profits were up 28 percent in Q2,
> topping $1 billion. Those are the numbers Dell really cares about.

> "Administrator" <quemandd@msn.com> wrote in message

Well the first thing I can see is that YOU do not read the netiquette.

Second I really pity the American Dell customers, really. Here in Europe the
support is outstanding. Although they have more often some failing parts-
their support is great!

Kevin Rengo wrote:

> > "Administrator" <quemandd@msn.com> wrote in message
>
> Well the first thing I can see is that YOU do not read the netiquette.
>
> Second I really pity the American Dell customers, really. Here in Europe the
> support is outstanding. Although they have more often some failing parts-
> their support is great!

"Europe." Where in Europe?

Just out of curiosity, from what country do you obtain phone support?

Notan

"Notan" <notan@ddress.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Just out of curiosity, from what country do you obtain phone support?
> Notan

In my case it is Germany. The country we have is Hungary and Germany. But
the support always knows about my case/ history. Works fast and flawless.
Except the fact, that they as well only do check their list. Although I told
them what really the problem was. So they had to come three times... Silly.

> What's your point. I read Cringely's article too. It's a pretty respected
> magazine.

You don't mean to imply that counts for some thing with the "Dellbots", do
you ? >gr<

It appears your views have changed slightly since you got some what shafted
by Dell.

> What's your point. I read Cringely's article too. It's a pretty respected
> magazine.
> Some trolls take longer than others to return to their teenage chat rooms.
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> wrote in message
>> The following is from Robert Cringely's newsletter dated 08/29/2005 in
>> Infoworld:
>>
>> *Dude, you're getting screwed:* Consumers have given Dell the finger,
>> and it's a thumb pointing due south. A University of Michigan survey
>> notes that Dell's customer satisfaction rating
>> <http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=EC7986:1F5912F> has dropped like
>> a rock -- although it's still higher than HP's. No surprise there. The
>> phrase "getting Dell'd" refers to being pilloried by bloggers
>> <http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=EC7985:1F5912F> frustrated by
>> poor customer service. And don't hold your breath waiting for the Round
>> Rockers to change their evil ways. Profits were up 28 percent in Q2,
>> topping $1 billion. Those are the numbers Dell really cares about.

> "Europe." Where in Europe?
>
> Just out of curiosity, from what country do you obtain phone support?

Indeed. We're looking at switching vendors for laptop support as we've had
all four Inspiron 5150's fail within a few weeks of each other. The other
Inspiron and Latatudes chug on nicely. But the support from Dell via
off-source is painful.

Cheers, Rob.

In article <dg3k2p$n0c$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>,
rob.nicholson@nospam_informed-direct.com says...
> > "Europe." Where in Europe?
> >
> > Just out of curiosity, from what country do you obtain phone support?
>
> Indeed. We're looking at switching vendors for laptop support as we've had
> all four Inspiron 5150's fail within a few weeks of each other. The other
> Inspiron and Latatudes chug on nicely. But the support from Dell via
> off-source is painful.

Just installed 7 ASUS laptop white box units and they've run fine for a
couple months - the seem to be more than fast enough, clean LCD, etc...
I won't be buying Dell systems unless clients specify Dell from this
point forward.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Here's my point, Tom. (Been away from my computer for awhile.)

Of what possible value is Sparky's original post?

Does the post provide essential insight into the Dell corporation, the
personal computer industry or the general state of affairs in customer
service, or does it provide any context for the same?

The answer is no.

Will it be of any use to Dell? Will it influence Dell or anyone who is
considering doing business with Dell in any substantial way? The answer is
still no. How many individuals or businesses are going to base a decision
about which personal computer to buy based on a post by a person who can
manage nothing better than a quote from someone else's work without context,
insight or explanation, and who's so ashamed of his own stupidity that he
has to hide behind the name "Sparky Spartacus".

The post is nothing but a rant and a waste of bandwidth to all but the
(thankfully) small collection of whiners, snivellers, xenophobes and snerts
who'll pat themselves on the back and say "even Sparky Spartacus thinks I'm
right."

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > What's your point. I read Cringely's article too. It's a pretty
respected
> > magazine.
>
> You don't mean to imply that counts for some thing with the "Dellbots", do
> you ? >gr<
>
> It appears your views have changed slightly since you got some what
shafted
> by Dell.

> > What's your point. I read Cringely's article too. It's a pretty
respected
> > magazine.
> > "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
> > Some trolls take longer than others to return to their teenage chat
rooms.

> > Ted Zieglar
> >
> > "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> wrote in message
> >> The following is from Robert Cringely's newsletter dated 08/29/2005 in
> >> Infoworld:
> >>
> >> *Dude, you're getting screwed:* Consumers have given Dell the finger,
> >> and it's a thumb pointing due south. A University of Michigan survey
> >> notes that Dell's customer satisfaction rating
> >> <http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=EC7986:1F5912F> has dropped like
> >> a rock -- although it's still higher than HP's. No surprise there. The
> >> phrase "getting Dell'd" refers to being pilloried by bloggers
> >> <http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=EC7985:1F5912F> frustrated by
> >> poor customer service. And don't hold your breath waiting for the Round
> >> Rockers to change their evil ways. Profits were up 28 percent in Q2,
> >> topping $1 billion. Those are the numbers Dell really cares about.

One quick question, Ted.

Does your post do ANY of what you criticize Sparky's for not doing?

Irene

> Here's my point, Tom. (Been away from my computer for awhile.)
>
> Of what possible value is Sparky's original post?
>
> Does the post provide essential insight into the Dell corporation, the
> personal computer industry or the general state of affairs in customer
> service, or does it provide any context for the same?
>
> The answer is no.
>
> Will it be of any use to Dell? Will it influence Dell or anyone who is
> considering doing business with Dell in any substantial way? The answer is
> still no. How many individuals or businesses are going to base a decision
> about which personal computer to buy based on a post by a person who can
> manage nothing better than a quote from someone else's work without
> context,
> insight or explanation, and who's so ashamed of his own stupidity that he
> has to hide behind the name "Sparky Spartacus".
>
> The post is nothing but a rant and a waste of bandwidth to all but the
> (thankfully) small collection of whiners, snivellers, xenophobes and
> snerts
> who'll pat themselves on the back and say "even Sparky Spartacus thinks
> I'm
> right."
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>> > What's your point. I read Cringely's article too. It's a pretty
> respected
>> > magazine.
>>
>> You don't mean to imply that counts for some thing with the "Dellbots",
>> do
>> you ? >gr<
>>
>> It appears your views have changed slightly since you got some what
> shafted
>> by Dell.
>>

>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>> > What's your point. I read Cringely's article too. It's a pretty
> respected
>> > magazine.
>> > "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Some trolls take longer than others to return to their teenage chat
> rooms.
>> >
>> > Ted Zieglar
>> >
>> > "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> wrote in message

Sorry, I forgot.

The "Dellbots" post by different rules than everyone else. >gr<

> One quick question, Ted.
>
> Does your post do ANY of what you criticize Sparky's for not doing?
>
> Irene

>> Here's my point, Tom. (Been away from my computer for awhile.)
>>
>> Of what possible value is Sparky's original post?
>>
>> Does the post provide essential insight into the Dell corporation, the
>> personal computer industry or the general state of affairs in customer
>> service, or does it provide any context for the same?
>>
>> The answer is no.
>>
>> Will it be of any use to Dell? Will it influence Dell or anyone who is
>> considering doing business with Dell in any substantial way? The answer
>> is
>> still no. How many individuals or businesses are going to base a decision
>> about which personal computer to buy based on a post by a person who can
>> manage nothing better than a quote from someone else's work without
>> context,
>> insight or explanation, and who's so ashamed of his own stupidity that he
>> has to hide behind the name "Sparky Spartacus".
>>
>> The post is nothing but a rant and a waste of bandwidth to all but the
>> (thankfully) small collection of whiners, snivellers, xenophobes and
>> snerts
>> who'll pat themselves on the back and say "even Sparky Spartacus thinks
>> I'm
>> right."
>>
>> --
>> Ted Zieglar
>> "You can do it if you try."
>>
>> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>> respected
>>>
>>> You don't mean to imply that counts for some thing with the "Dellbots",
>>> do
>>> you ? >gr<
>>>
>>> It appears your views have changed slightly since you got some what
>> shafted
>>> by Dell.
>>>

>>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>> respected
>> rooms.

Now come on Irene. You've been here long enough to know that I don't
always defend Dell when they're in the wrong.
"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> What's your point. I read Cringely's article too. It's a pretty
>> respected magazine.
>
> You don't mean to imply that counts for some thing with the "Dellbots", do
> you ? >gr<
>
> It appears your views have changed slightly since you got some what
> shafted by Dell.

>> What's your point. I read Cringely's article too. It's a pretty
>> respected magazine.
>> "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
>> Some trolls take longer than others to return to their teenage chat
>> rooms.
>>
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> wrote in message
>>> The following is from Robert Cringely's newsletter dated 08/29/2005 in
>>> Infoworld:
>>>
>>> *Dude, you're getting screwed:* Consumers have given Dell the finger,
>>> and it's a thumb pointing due south. A University of Michigan survey
>>> notes that Dell's customer satisfaction rating
>>> <http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=EC7986:1F5912F> has dropped like
>>> a rock -- although it's still higher than HP's. No surprise there. The
>>> phrase "getting Dell'd" refers to being pilloried by bloggers
>>> <http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=EC7985:1F5912F> frustrated by
>>> poor customer service. And don't hold your breath waiting for the Round
>>> Rockers to change their evil ways. Profits were up 28 percent in Q2,
>>> topping $1 billion. Those are the numbers Dell really cares about.

I don't believe I said anything about whether you "always" defend Dell or
not.
I said, " It appears your views have changed slightly ..........."

> Now come on Irene. You've been here long enough to know that I don't
> always defend Dell when they're in the wrong.
> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>>> What's your point. I read Cringely's article too. It's a pretty
>>> respected magazine.
>>
>> You don't mean to imply that counts for some thing with the "Dellbots",
>> do you ? >gr<
>>
>> It appears your views have changed slightly since you got some what
>> shafted by Dell.
>>

>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>>> What's your point. I read Cringely's article too. It's a pretty
>>> respected magazine.
>>> "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Some trolls take longer than others to return to their teenage chat
>>> rooms.
>>>
>>> Ted Zieglar
>>>
>>> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> wrote in message

Two things:

1) Sparky's been a well-respected, helpful poster around here a lot long
than you've been here and with a lot less attitude.
2) You clearly aren't a CIO, because the ones I know (and since I am a
former Fortune 500 CIO, I know a few) DO read Cringley and DO listen to it.
The information is uncannily accurate.

> Here's my point, Tom. (Been away from my computer for awhile.)
>
> Of what possible value is Sparky's original post?
>
> Does the post provide essential insight into the Dell corporation, the
> personal computer industry or the general state of affairs in customer
> service, or does it provide any context for the same?
>
> The answer is no.
>
> Will it be of any use to Dell? Will it influence Dell or anyone who is
> considering doing business with Dell in any substantial way? The answer is
> still no. How many individuals or businesses are going to base a decision
> about which personal computer to buy based on a post by a person who can
> manage nothing better than a quote from someone else's work without
> context,
> insight or explanation, and who's so ashamed of his own stupidity that he
> has to hide behind the name "Sparky Spartacus".
>
> The post is nothing but a rant and a waste of bandwidth to all but the
> (thankfully) small collection of whiners, snivellers, xenophobes and
> snerts
> who'll pat themselves on the back and say "even Sparky Spartacus thinks
> I'm
> right."
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>> > What's your point. I read Cringely's article too. It's a pretty
> respected
>> > magazine.
>>
>> You don't mean to imply that counts for some thing with the "Dellbots",
>> do
>> you ? >gr<
>>
>> It appears your views have changed slightly since you got some what
> shafted
>> by Dell.
>>

>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>> > What's your point. I read Cringely's article too. It's a pretty
> respected
>> > magazine.
>> > "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Some trolls take longer than others to return to their teenage chat
> rooms.
>> >
>> > Ted Zieglar
>> >
>> > "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> wrote in message

Although I was upset with his "post" it was wrong of me to say that Sparky
is "ashamed of his own stupidity". There's no defense for that, and I
apologize to Sparky and to the group.

I stand by the rest of what I wrote.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

> Two things:
>
> 1) Sparky's been a well-respected, helpful poster around here a lot long
> than you've been here and with a lot less attitude.
> 2) You clearly aren't a CIO, because the ones I know (and since I am a
> former Fortune 500 CIO, I know a few) DO read Cringley and DO listen to
it.
> The information is uncannily accurate.

> > Here's my point, Tom. (Been away from my computer for awhile.)
> >
> > Of what possible value is Sparky's original post?
> >
> > Does the post provide essential insight into the Dell corporation, the
> > personal computer industry or the general state of affairs in customer
> > service, or does it provide any context for the same?
> >
> > The answer is no.
> >
> > Will it be of any use to Dell? Will it influence Dell or anyone who is
> > considering doing business with Dell in any substantial way? The answer
is
> > still no. How many individuals or businesses are going to base a
decision
> > about which personal computer to buy based on a post by a person who can
> > manage nothing better than a quote from someone else's work without
> > context,
> > insight or explanation, and who's so ashamed of his own stupidity that
he
> > has to hide behind the name "Sparky Spartacus".
> >
> > The post is nothing but a rant and a waste of bandwidth to all but the
> > (thankfully) small collection of whiners, snivellers, xenophobes and
> > snerts
> > who'll pat themselves on the back and say "even Sparky Spartacus thinks
> > I'm
> > right."
> >
> > --
> > Ted Zieglar
> > "You can do it if you try."
> >
> > "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
> > respected
> >>
> >> You don't mean to imply that counts for some thing with the "Dellbots",
> >> do
> >> you ? >gr<
> >>
> >> It appears your views have changed slightly since you got some what
> > shafted
> >> by Dell.
> >>

> >> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
> > respected
> > rooms.

The

It's a shame you don't follow the same "rules" for posting that you foisted
on Sparky.

Ted Zieglar wrote:

> Here's my point, Tom. (Been away from my computer for awhile.)
>
> Of what possible value is Sparky's original post?

What could be more on topic in this NG than an article from an industry
source commenting on the quality of Dell's service, a frequent topic in
this NG IIRC?

Nope. They haven't. This wasn't particularly surprising. I had a
difficulty with Dell that should not have been such a pain. Within a day
they had resolved it -- upgraded me and paid for overnight shipping. The
laptops arrive tomorrow.

Tom