How to open a command prompt?

August 2, 2005 12:52:53 PM

1. Start, Run, Type cmd.exe, press enter.
2. Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt.
3. Open Task Manager, New Task, type cmd.exe, press enter.
4. Open Windows Explorer, go to c:\windows\system32\ double click on cmd.exe.
(use c:\winnt\system32 for Win2000)
5. Type the above path in the Windows Explorer Address Bar, press enter.
6. In Internet Explorer type file:///c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe in the address bar, press enter
7. Create a shortcut on the desktop, type in cmd.exe in the location and name fields,
double click the shortcut.
8. Open Notepad, type the following: (new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application")).FileRun()
Save the file as runbox.js. Double click the .js file. Enter cmd.exe in the run box and press
Enter.
(Note: If your computer associates JavaScripts with Notepad or another text editor,
it won't run the script. To fix that, create a shortcut to the .js file as described
above, right-click the shortcut, and choose Properties. With the Shortcut tab
in front, click the beginning of the Target text box. Type wscript.exe and
a space. Click OK.)

Any other ways to open a command prompt window...?

More about : open command prompt

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 12:52:54 PM

"RJ" <jackbobNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

|>1. Start, Run, Type cmd.exe, press enter.
|>2. Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt.
|>3. Open Task Manager, New Task, type cmd.exe, press enter.
|>4. Open Windows Explorer, go to c:\windows\system32\ double click on cmd.exe.
|>(use c:\winnt\system32 for Win2000)
|>5. Type the above path in the Windows Explorer Address Bar, press enter.
|>6. In Internet Explorer type file:///c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe in the address bar, press enter
|>7. Create a shortcut on the desktop, type in cmd.exe in the location and name fields,
|>double click the shortcut.
|>8. Open Notepad, type the following: (new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application")).FileRun()
|>Save the file as runbox.js. Double click the .js file. Enter cmd.exe in the run box and press
|>Enter.
|>(Note: If your computer associates JavaScripts with Notepad or another text editor,
|>it won't run the script. To fix that, create a shortcut to the .js file as described
|>above, right-click the shortcut, and choose Properties. With the Shortcut tab
|>in front, click the beginning of the Target text box. Type wscript.exe and
|>a space. Click OK.)
|>

|>Any other ways to open a command prompt window...?

Ya, the way I open it, set a shortcut key. I hit CTL-ALT-D to open
mine (Properties - shortcut key).

--
Ever wonder what the rest of the world is searching for?
http://tinyurl.com/6ow99

Here's some...

Start | Run | Type: cmd | Click OK

Ctrl + Shift + Esc | File | Click on New Task (Run...) while holding down
the Ctrl key

Win key + R | Type: cmd | Click OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:urVGeE2lFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
RJ <jackbobNOSPAM@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> 1. Start, Run, Type cmd.exe, press enter.
> 2. Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt.
> 3. Open Task Manager, New Task, type cmd.exe, press enter.
> 4. Open Windows Explorer, go to c:\windows\system32\ double click on
> cmd.exe. (use c:\winnt\system32 for Win2000)
> 5. Type the above path in the Windows Explorer Address Bar, press enter.
> 6. In Internet Explorer type file:///c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe in the
> address bar, press enter
> 7. Create a shortcut on the desktop, type in cmd.exe in the location and
> name fields,
> double click the shortcut.
> 8. Open Notepad, type the following: (new
> ActiveXObject("Shell.Application")).FileRun()
> Save the file as runbox.js. Double click the .js file. Enter cmd.exe in
> the run box and press Enter.
> (Note: If your computer associates JavaScripts with Notepad or another
> text editor,
> it won't run the script. To fix that, create a shortcut to the .js file
> as described
> above, right-click the shortcut, and choose Properties. With the Shortcut
> tab
> in front, click the beginning of the Target text box. Type wscript.exe and
> a space. Click OK.)
>

> Any other ways to open a command prompt window...?
August 5, 2005 4:36:28 AM

"" wrote:
> 1. Start, Run, Type cmd.exe, press enter.
> 2. Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt.
> 3. Open Task Manager, New Task, type cmd.exe, press enter.
> 4. Open Windows Explorer, go to c:windowssystem32 double
> click on cmd.exe.
> (use c:winntsystem32 for Win2000)
> 5. Type the above path in the Windows Explorer Address Bar,
> press enter.
> 6. In Internet Explorer type
> file:///c:windowssystem32cmd.exe in the address bar, press
> enter
> 7. Create a shortcut on the desktop, type in cmd.exe in the
> location and name fields,
> double click the shortcut.
> 8. Open Notepad, type the following: (new
> ActiveXObject("Shell.Application")).FileRun()
> Save the file as runbox.js. Double click the .js file. Enter
> cmd.exe in the run box and press
> Enter.
> (Note: If your computer associates JavaScripts with Notepad
> or another text editor,
> it won't run the script. To fix that, create a shortcut to the
> .js file as described
> above, right-click the shortcut, and choose Properties. With
> the Shortcut tab
> in front, click the beginning of the Target text box. Type
> wscript.exe and
> a space. Click OK.)
>

> Any other ways to open a command prompt window...?

Yep, one more...

Create new plain text file, add the line "cmd.exe" save and exit,
rename to .bat and run the batch file (or shell script).

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-open-co...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1336858
!