mfraim89

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
Model numbers as they read:

Computer: Compaq 6027us
Card Reader: SD/MMC/RS-MMC USB 2.0
Card: Team SDHC 4.0 GB
Camera: Nikon Coolpix S600

Alright, so I've had the camera for a while and it's worked great - but I don't use it a ton. I had about 80 pictures and a several videos on there when I decided to delete one of the videos (it was about 2 min long). When it deleted, the camera came up w/ messages for EVERY photo on there saying the file contained no image. When I turned the camera off and back on, it said the card could not be used.

Plugged it into 2 different computers - both w/ the card reader and through the camera itself and neither computer could read the card. The computer recognizes the card reader so long as I do not have the card plugged in. And once I put the card in and try and open the drive, it gives me the I/O disk error.

I tried the reader w/ a different SD card (Transcend SD 4.0 GB) and it reads perfectly. Given that and that the camera cannot read it, I only suspect the card is faulty.

I tried using PC Inspector and other recovery softwares, but the computer won't recognize the card at all and therefore won't find it in the list of drives on the computer. So recovery software will NOT work as the computer cannot find the flash drive.

It is not catastrophic if I lose the photos on the card but I'd much prefer not to. Is there any way I can recover the files off the card or repair the card in some way?

Thanks so much in advance

janitorman2001

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
This is pretty simple. The new HC cards are NOT BACKWARD COMPATIBLE with standard SD card readers or devices.

This particular card will not read in any device not labeled either HC (or High Capacity)

Get a cheap USB-type plug-in HC SD card reader and try that.

If the camera is capable of using this card, the pictures may or may not be on the card. The card had to have been formatted properly for the camera. The pictures are normally stored in folders on the card in RAW format, and you'll need a program that will open RAW format pictures (Microsoft has an update that includes a viewer for these for XP.)

Other cameras will store pictures in JPG, a more standard PC format. RAW images can be converted to this once opened, however.

mfraim89

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009

The card had been used in the camera for several years, as had the card reader. All of a sudden neither will - with the card reader not recognizing the drive and the camera saying the card cannot be read/used. It's not an issue of formatting - as it had already been formatted. Plus, I inserted a new HCSD card into the camera and it gave me the option to format it right away - a far cry from what I got with the corrupt one.

llyiiingll

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
คำชี้แนะตอบปัญหาทุกเรื่อง วิธีการเล่น sbobet คอยคำแนะนำทันอาจจะได้แจ๊คพอร์ตใหญ่ได้ ผลฟุตบอล คุณจึงสามารถเปิดเมมเบอร์ ร่วมสนุก เป็นร้านอาหารสไตล์โอเพ่นแอร์ที่ใหญ่ที่สุดในบริเวณ พื้นที่ คาสิโนปอยเปต บริการท่านด้วย อาหารทะเล อาหารไทย อาหารจีน อาหารอีสาน นานาชนิด หรือจะเป็นสตาร์แม็กซ์ หนึ่งในสถานบันเทิงชื่อดังของคาสิโนปอยเปต ผับ ดิสโก้เธค อีกหนึ่งในเครือ สตาร์เวกัส หรืออยากช้อปปิ้ง ก็มีร้านค้าปลอดภาษีไว้แนวทาง (Duty Free) ทุกบ่อนมีทั้งนั้นหล่ะครับ เป็นที่นิยมของนักเล่น เวบไซต์ที่นิยมมากอันดับต้นๆของไทย กีฬาออนไลน์ คำแนะนำ 24 ชม