What is ReadyWare?

Hi:

Can anybody tell me what is ReadyWare and what is it use for? Is it
useful?

Thanks...

"-=[fishtail]=-" <whatever@acme.org> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Can anybody tell me what is ReadyWare and what is it use for? Is it
> useful?
>
> Thanks...

A google search reveals that (in Dell's case, anyway) "Readyware" are any
specialty apps installed upon a Dell system requested by the customer when
placing the order. (ie- MS Office and/or many others).

In some cases I found, that apparently involves a fee.

In my experience, selecting specialty apps on their site costs whatever the
app is listed for in the configuration menu for the system.

Almost always, such programs are factory installed and one receives the
CD's/media to reinstall them.

hth

Stew