New Coupons added almost daily!

SPAM and TOS violation reported to abuse@comcast.net

"PZ" <pz@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
news:et-dnVjWdIeUFoLeRVn-oQ@comcast.com...
> Make sure you get the latest coupons/promotions for Dell computers before
> you buy one!
>
> Go to:
>
> http://dellpromos.com

How is this spam or tos violation? I'm posting dell coupons in a dell forum.
Go on reporting all you want if it makes you feel like a big man.

"PZ" <pz@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:k_ednQzE0fwEI73eRVn-qA@comcast.com...
> How is this spam or tos violation? I'm posting dell coupons in a dell forum.
> Go on reporting all you want if it makes you feel like a big man.

Actually, you aren't posting dell coupons. You are just posting adverts
for a website. Which, from the looks of it, is an attempt at an online
business that achieves income from google ads and linkshare's affiliate
program. Does the fact that said website/business offers something Dell
related justify your [numerous] unsolicited advertisements? Consider for
a moment the many deal/coupon websites on the net, the countless large
and small companies that sell & service Dell systems, the thousands of
individuals who at one point or another will auction something Dell related.
If it is cool for one to advertise here, it is cool for all to advertise here, and
if said advertising were ever allowed to take off, the group would become
far less if not totally unusable for discussion purposes. It's for that reason
that unsolicited advertisements on Usenet are generally forbotten except in
those newsgroups which are specifically setup for that purpose. Examples
of the later being various .forsale and .marketplace newsgroups. Well,
there is also the sig approach... participate in and make a contribution to
the newsgroup while posting with a sig that mentions your website or
whatever... you do something good, gain cred, AND spread the word
all at the same time.

User N wrote:

> "PZ" <pz@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:k_ednQzE0fwEI73eRVn-qA@comcast.com...
> > How is this spam or tos violation? I'm posting dell coupons in a dell forum.
> > Go on reporting all you want if it makes you feel like a big man.
>
> Actually, you aren't posting dell coupons. You are just posting adverts
> for a website. Which, from the looks of it, is an attempt at an online
> business that achieves income from google ads and linkshare's affiliate
> program. Does the fact that said website/business offers something Dell
> related justify your [numerous] unsolicited advertisements? Consider for
> a moment the many deal/coupon websites on the net, the countless large
> and small companies that sell & service Dell systems, the thousands of
> individuals who at one point or another will auction something Dell related.
> If it is cool for one to advertise here, it is cool for all to advertise here, and
> if said advertising were ever allowed to take off, the group would become
> far less if not totally unusable for discussion purposes. It's for that reason
> that unsolicited advertisements on Usenet are generally forbotten except in
> those newsgroups which are specifically setup for that purpose. Examples
> of the later being various .forsale and .marketplace newsgroups. Well,
> there is also the sig approach... participate in and make a contribution to
> the newsgroup while posting with a sig that mentions your website or
> whatever... you do something good, gain cred, AND spread the word
> all at the same time.

Maybe if he contributed something to this newsgroup, other than coupons,
his posts might be looked at in a different light.

Notan

It violates your terms of services with Comcast. It also violates the
charter for this newsgroup which does not allow commercial posting.

You might want to consider reading both.

It's not a matter of being a 'big man'. You're incredibly annoying and
abusing the newsgroup.

Tom

In article <mj3Ue.14938$4i6.4278@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
tomtoo@softhome.net says...
> It violates your terms of services with Comcast. It also violates the
> charter for this newsgroup which does not allow commercial posting.
>
> You might want to consider reading both.
>
> It's not a matter of being a 'big man'. You're incredibly annoying and
> abusing the newsgroup.
>
> Tom
> "PZ" <pz@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> > How is this spam or tos violation? I'm posting dell coupons in a dell
> > forum. Go on reporting all you want if it makes you feel like a big man.
> >
> > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
> >> SPAM and TOS violation reported to abuse@comcast.net
> >>
> >> "PZ" <pz@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

Where would I find the charter for this group?

Thanks.
--
Robin
Charleston, WV

"Robin Brumfield" <rbrumfield@charter.net> wrote in message
> In article <mj3Ue.14938$4i6.4278@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
> tomtoo@softhome.net says...
>> It violates your terms of services with Comcast. It also violates the
>> charter for this newsgroup which does not allow commercial posting.
>>
>> You might want to consider reading both.
>>
>> It's not a matter of being a 'big man'. You're incredibly annoying and
>> abusing the newsgroup.
>>
>> Tom
>> "PZ" <pz@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> > How is this spam or tos violation? I'm posting dell coupons in a dell
>> > forum. Go on reporting all you want if it makes you feel like a big
>> > man.
>> >
>> > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message

> Where would I find the charter for this group?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Robin
> Charleston, WV

In this situation, it's not a charter that is important. The work
Marketplace or ForSale is not in the name. Therefore, commercial posts are
not allowed.

I believe this problem will eventually resolve itself as more and more of us
simply add her to our killfiles, like I just did.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

> "Robin Brumfield" <rbrumfield@charter.net> wrote in message
> > In article <mj3Ue.14938$4i6.4278@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
> > tomtoo@softhome.net says...
> >> It violates your terms of services with Comcast. It also violates the
> >> charter for this newsgroup which does not allow commercial posting.
> >>
> >> You might want to consider reading both.
> >>
> >> It's not a matter of being a 'big man'. You're incredibly annoying and
> >> abusing the newsgroup.
> >>
> >> Tom
> >> "PZ" <pz@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

> > Where would I find the charter for this group?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > Robin
> > Charleston, WV
>

> In this situation, it's not a charter that is important. The work
> Marketplace or ForSale is not in the name. Therefore, commercial posts
are
> not allowed.

"Robin Brumfield" <rbrumfield@charter.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1d8b59a262be7189896ce@News.individual.net...

> Where would I find the charter for this group?

There is a repository of newsgroup control messages at:

ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/

Charters are often embedded in the newgroup message which is used to
announce/create new groups. In this case, the file of interest would be:

ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/alt/alt.sys.pc-clone.dell.gz

It doesn't appear that the creator took the time to create a formal charter.
Digging suggests that back in Aug 1994, Dell related messages were being
posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems. Dell Online Services people
and others were participating in that group, answering Dell related questions.
The idea of creating a dedicated group for Dell support was raised, there
seemed to be some interest, someone proposed alt.sys.pc-clone.dell in
alt.config, the response was positive or at least neutral, and so they sent out
the newgroup for it. IOW, this newsgroup was created as a support group
where people could get answers to their questions about Dell systems.

Tom Scales wrote:
> It violates your terms of services with Comcast. It also violates the
> charter for this newsgroup which does not allow commercial posting.
>
> You might want to consider reading both.
>
> It's not a matter of being a 'big man'. You're incredibly annoying and
> abusing the newsgroup.
>
> Tom
> "PZ" <pz@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>
>>How is this spam or tos violation? I'm posting dell coupons in a dell
>>forum. Go on reporting all you want if it makes you feel like a big man.
>>
>>"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>SPAM and TOS violation reported to abuse@comcast.net
>>>
>>>"PZ" <pz@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

Tom is just pissed because you did not put the word "Dell" in the
subject line. His get a hard-on when he sees the Dell word!

"Keith T." <kmanTT22@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Tom Scales wrote:
>> It violates your terms of services with Comcast. It also violates the
>> charter for this newsgroup which does not allow commercial posting.
>>
>> You might want to consider reading both.
>>
>> It's not a matter of being a 'big man'. You're incredibly annoying and
>> abusing the newsgroup.
>>
>> Tom
>> "PZ" <pz@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>How is this spam or tos violation? I'm posting dell coupons in a dell
>>>forum. Go on reporting all you want if it makes you feel like a big man.
>>>
>>>"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message

> Tom is just pissed because you did not put the word "Dell" in the subject
> line. His get a hard-on when he sees the Dell word!

My god Keith, when are you going to stop stalking me?

> SPAM and TOS violation reported to abuse@comcast.net
>
> "PZ" <pz@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> Make sure you get the latest coupons/promotions for Dell computers before
>> you buy one!
>>
>> Go to:
>>
>> http://dellpromos.com

Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:MXMTe.28735$xl6.10258@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...> SPAM and TOS
violation reported to abuse@comcast.net

Twat. get a life.

> "Keith T." <kmanTT22@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Tom Scales wrote:
>>> It violates your terms of services with Comcast. It also violates the
>>> charter for this newsgroup which does not allow commercial posting.
>>>
>>> You might want to consider reading both.
>>>
>>> It's not a matter of being a 'big man'. You're incredibly annoying and
>>> abusing the newsgroup.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>> "PZ" <pz@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

>> Tom is just pissed because you did not put the word "Dell" in the subject
>> line. His get a hard-on when he sees the Dell word!
>
> My god Keith, when are you going to stop stalking me?

When he moves out of his mom's basement. Don't worry, Tom. He's short on
gas money for her car as is....

Stew