Latitude CPI-R inoperative keys

After not having used my Latitude CPI-R laptop (400MHz PII) for several
weeks I found today that the I,K,8,=,and comma keys are not responsive.
Do I have reasonable options for fixing the machine? This is my first
visit to this NG so I don't know if there are FAQs or have been threads
on this topic before. TIA.

Roger

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Could be that the keyboard plug into the motherboard simply needs to
be re-seated. Or it could be dirty key contacts...it happens over
several years to the best of keyboards. Usually it's the spacebar
that's first to go.

If you don't want to replace the onboard keyboard, simply install a
PS/2 external keyboard...maybe a Dell QuietKey

Dan

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:34:58 GMT, Roger Levy <rhl@i3e.org> wrote:

>After not having used my Latitude CPI-R laptop (400MHz PII) for several
>weeks I found today that the I,K,8,=,and comma keys are not responsive.
> Do I have reasonable options for fixing the machine? This is my first
>visit to this NG so I don't know if there are FAQs or have been threads
>on this topic before. TIA.

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

It is a known problem on this range called the "8 I, K" key problem try
reseating the keyboard onto the systemboard, failing that its a new keyboard
thats required