Accidentally Deleted Volume Control

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,
This is going to sound stupid, but I accidentally uninstalled the taskbar
icon for Windows Volume Control. I still get sound, i just can't get the
icon. I tried going through control panel, but it wouldn't let me put it
there, telling me that it was uninstalled. Any idea on how to get it back??

Thanks so much,
Rob

try doing a system restore .

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> This is going to sound stupid, but I accidentally uninstalled the taskbar
> icon for Windows Volume Control. I still get sound, i just can't get the
> icon. I tried going through control panel, but it wouldn't let me put it
> there, telling me that it was uninstalled. Any idea on how to get it
> back??
>
> Thanks so much,
> Rob

Hi Rob,

Extract a copy of Sndvol32.exe from Windows XP CD-ROM. See this page for
more information:

Volume Icon Is Not Displayed in the Notification Area, and You Receive an
Error Message When You Try to Add It:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319095

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP