Sign in with
Your question

My pc boots up but to windows 7 screen but then i cannot start any program

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
October 9, 2012 5:30:17 PM

if I click any icon on the task bar, I get the hour glass spinning. Even if I don't click & just point to the taskbar I get the hour glass or I should say spinnng wheel. The pc is completely locked up & I have to reboot. I've restarted in safe mode & ran antivirus program and get the error 01xe00100002. AVG healing action failed and gave this error. Help please

More about : boots windows screen start program

October 9, 2012 5:55:16 PM

I say give a fresh install of os if you cant clean from safe mode. Before you do, backup data you save in os partition.
m
l
October 9, 2012 6:15:22 PM

atty secy said:
if I click any icon on the task bar, I get the hour glass spinning. Even if I don't click & just point to the taskbar I get the hour glass or I should say spinnng wheel. The pc is completely locked up & I have to reboot. I've restarted in safe mode & ran antivirus program and get the error 01xe00100002. AVG healing action failed and gave this error. Help please

I have been able to get pc running by going into safe mode & performing all virus scans. Sometimes it boots up okay other times not. Once it's completely shut down for any time period, it's the same problem all over again. Scan, repair, reboot. Is there no way to rid of this error without completely reinstalling os?
m
l
Related resources
October 10, 2012 6:09:47 AM

Try repair windows check windows file if all are correct.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2012 6:46:06 AM

I just had a similar one on a customer's laptop, no matter what i tried it failed. Had to restore to Factory settings. Agree with mubin, the time you spend trying to clear it will be better spent re-installing Ifyou can't get at your data to backup there are methods...
m
l
October 10, 2012 3:00:54 PM

mubin said:
Try repair windows check windows file if all are correct.

Thank you for your help. I was able to solve the issue using various antivirus programs, malware and registry cleaners. Also used combofix after I had everything working correctly. The solution seemed to be scan, scan, scan with all programs you can find to seek & destroy the pesky virus. All seems to be working well. Now back up system and go forward.

I seem to have issues with Windows 7 fonts though, especially on internet browsers. The fonts are very small. Isn't there a way to permanently set them to a larger/readable font? The individual browsers, Firefox & Internet Explorer settings are set. Any thoughts?

Have a great day and thanks everyone for all of the tips on ridding oneself of viruses!
m
l
October 10, 2012 3:23:53 PM

You can go to Display via Control Panel. Then can set text size to medium. If thats not enough for you, you can use Set custom text size(DPI) option from left panel.
m
l
!