Question about DADapp

Hi
What exactly is this and do I need it to be part of my StartUp?
TIA

<yodasue@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Hi
> What exactly is this and do I need it to be part of my StartUp?
> TIA

Thanks to winpatrol:

Dell Keyboard Utility - DADAPP.EXE

DADAPP.EXE comes installed on many Dell Inspiron and Latitude notebooks. It
is a keyboard utility that monitors and controls the programmable buttons on
Dell Laptop computers.

While it is not required, Dell recommends against unchecking the program via
MSConfig or WinPatrol because rechecking the problem doesn't always restore
functionality to the programmable keys. So if you don't want it, uninstall
it via Add/Remove programs.

a.. Safe

Anne

>>Dell Keyboard Utility - DADAPP.EXE
DADAPP.EXE comes installed on many Dell Inspiron and Latitude notebooks.
It is a keyboard utility that monitors and controls the programmable
buttons on Dell Laptop computers.

Thanks Anne but can you be more specific about what programmable buttons
so I can decide if I should remove it or not?
Thanks

>>>Dell Keyboard Utility - DADAPP.EXE
> DADAPP.EXE comes installed on many Dell Inspiron and Latitude notebooks.
> It is a keyboard utility that monitors and controls the programmable
> buttons on Dell Laptop computers.
>
> Thanks Anne but can you be more specific about what programmable buttons
> so I can decide if I should remove it or not?
> Thanks

Google should be your friend. Here is just one description I found. I have
an old Dell I8000 and keep dadapp running. I don't know what keys you have
on your laptop, but mine are at the top pf the keyboard. I would just let
it run at startup (see the warning below if you disable it).

Dell AccessDirect Applet. Background task found on Dell laptops and which
implements the programmable buttons that you can set up for your laptop.
The setting up of those buttons is done via the Access Direct software which
you can start either from the Dell Applications icon in the Control Panel,
or from the Dell AccessDirect icon in the System Tray (DADTRAY).

Recommendation :
Note, however, that once you disable it, if you decide at a later stage to
re-enable it you will in most cases need to program again your programmable
keys with the Access Direct software as in our experience the settings seem
to get lost when DADAPP is disabled.