Control Panel Under My Computer?

RJ

WinXP Pro SP2

If I open Windows Explorer, My Computer, below my drives is Control
Panel. Is this standard for WinXP Pro? Or do you have to change an option
to see this? I ask because I have seen XP Pro PCs where Control Panel
does not show up in Windows Explorer.

Also, was Control Panel, in Windows Explorer, available in Win2000 Pro?

RJ,

The setting "Show Control Panel in My Computer" in Folder Options - View tab
determines if the Control Panel link is displayed in My Computer view. Note
that the "Control Panel" is always shown in the Explorer view (folder pane),
irrespective of the above setting.

>> Also, was Control Panel, in Windows Explorer, available in Win2000 Pro?

Sorry, I don't have a Windows 2000 system here to test that.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org