Manuel

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Can I update my driver for sidewinder from window 95/98
to window xp if please send me the software for window xp
driver for my sidewinder force feedback pro part no.
96755 and product I.D. 66883-579-8902333-00000.
my email add jmydeliva@yahoo.com thanks

Hi Manuel,

Here are instructions for both the USB and the Gameport models:

The version 4 software for USB Sidewinders is XP compatible, of
course, you have to be using an administrators account to install it*.
If it gives you a warning, you can click OK and continue installing it.
*Install the software before connecting the device to the USB port!

Version 3 software isn't XP compatible, we'll use XP's drivers instead.
While USB devices just plug and play, GamePort devices need work:

To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel /
Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms