Internet screwing up - AR5B97 Wireless Adapter

SilentNinjaMick

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Hi,
About 2-3 weeks ago, wireless networking problems started to occur with my laptop (Acer 5552G) using the Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Adapter. Everything was fine up until the family computer was sent in to get repaired. When it got back the problems began.

What happens is that it says everything is connected to my router and that I should be getting a fine wireless connection. But what happens is that the internet will not work unless I disable and enable the adapter. Even then, that only works on occasion. If I leave it, I won't get a working connection till about 5 minutes and then it works for about 20 seconds and cuts out again. We have a D-Link router if that helps, but this problem is really starting to piss me off so if you have any fix that would be greatly appreciated!

P.S I have tried disabling High Speed Bluetooth in the adapter settings with no avail. I have also updated the drivers to the latest. (10.0.0.75)

EDIT: Sorry, the family computer is a separate one to my personal laptop. The family one is a crappy XP that's about 7 years old with tape keeping it together.

sounds like when they put the laptop back together they forget to seat the wifi card all the way or forgot tp put the wifi cables on the posts so that the card not able to send or receive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq7jH3jFerI
on your laptop it is a daughter card and cable. take out the battery and a few screws and it right there under the panel. i would see if it still in the slot tight and that they reconnected the the ant wire.