Blades2005

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2005
Hey all,

I have installed a new 320 gig HD in my PC to compliment my first one.
I have installed my HD but everytime I reboot Windows it comes up as new hardware, I can write to the HD and all but it always comes up as new hardware. Whenever it does come up as new hardware it says "Driver not intended for this platform" and I have a little ! right next to my "IDE Channel" under Devices.

Below you can find the specs on my PC, my HD and the cable I am using to connect it.
If you could give me any information how to solve this problem I'd be ever so grateful. If you need more information just ask

-----------
HardwareTypeDescriptionDVD/CD-ROM DrivesHL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B_NEC DVD+RW ND-2100ADGeneric DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom DeviceDisk DrivesWDC WD1200JD-75GBB0 111.7GbWDC WD3200JB-00KFA0 298.0GbDisplay Adapters128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Sec 128MbFloppy Disk Drives(Standard floppy disk drives) Floppy disk driveIDE ATA/ATAPI ControllersIntel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage ControllersIDE channelSecondary IDE ChannelIntel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage ControllersPrimary IDE ChannelKeyboardsStandard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 KeyboardMice and Other Pointing DevicesPS/2 Compatible MouseMonitorsDell E773c - Dell Computer Corp.Default Monitor -Sound DevicesCreative SB Live! Series (WDM)USB ControllersIntel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D4Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller

HD

ModelBrandWestern DigitalSeriesCaviar SEModelWD3200JBPerformanceCapacity320GBCache8MBRPM7200 RPMAverage Seek Time8.9msAverage Write Time10.9msAverage Latency4.2msInterfaceIDE Ultra ATA100Physical SpecForm Factor3.5"

Using a ULTRA DUAL IDE Hard Drive cable 40 socket to combine the two.

Any help again would be appreciated.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Download the WD Data Tools from their website and check the drive with the extended test. Also make sure you formatted the drive completely and didn't just do a quick format.

I have two as well. One of them died in less than 12 hours but the replacement is fine.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!</b>

XxxxX
(='.'=)
(")_(") Bow down before King Bunny

dhlucke

Polypheme
Try some basic solutions. Try a different IDE cable. Make sure your jumpers are set right.

I've never seen that error so I'm stabbing in the dark. When you ran the extended test it passed right?

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!</b>

XxxxX
(='.'=)
(")_(") Bow down before King Bunny