how to delete a process

I have adware problems and have finally found the process/program its coming
from but whenever i end the process or delete the program it just keeps
coming back. What do i do?
5 answers Last reply
More about delete process

    Running the Ad-Aware program in Safe Mode should remove it.

    someonewithadware wrote:

    > I have adware problems and have finally found the process/program its coming
    > from but whenever i end the process or delete the program it just keeps
    > coming back. What do i do?

    should i run a smart sytem scan or a full system scan? and also i have run
    the adaware program multiple time in the past month and deleted the infected
    files but the ads still comes back.

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > Running the Ad-Aware program in Safe Mode should remove it.
    >
    > someonewithadware wrote:
    >
    > > I have adware problems and have finally found the process/program its coming
    > > from but whenever i end the process or delete the program it just keeps
    > > coming back. What do i do?

    If you keep getting reinfected, perhaps there is a problem with what you
    are loading? If you load or use software that installs adware then it
    will come back!

    someonewithadware wrote:

    > should i run a smart sytem scan or a full system scan? and also i have run
    > the adaware program multiple time in the past month and deleted the infected
    > files but the ads still comes back.
    >
    > "Bob I" wrote:
    >

    >>Running the Ad-Aware program in Safe Mode should remove it.
    >>
    >>someonewithadware wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have adware problems and have finally found the process/program its coming
    >>>from but whenever i end the process or delete the program it just keeps
    >>>coming back. What do i do?

    Hello,

    If you feel that you have spyware on your machine, the best place to start off with would be:

    The Parasite fight
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "someonewithadware" <someonewithadware@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have adware problems and have finally found the process/program its coming
    > from but whenever i end the process or delete the program it just keeps
    > coming back. What do i do?

    Follow the malware removal advice listed here:
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php. The quickfix methodology helps in
    eliminating most of the malware, but some require user intervention and
    examination of the HijackThis log. If that is the case follow step 8. "IF
    THERE IS STILL A PROBLEM"

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "someonewithadware" <someonewithadware@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:EC78BEDF-6810-47CB-BBC9-14126D790496@microsoft.com...
    >I have adware problems and have finally found the process/program its
    >coming
    > from but whenever i end the process or delete the program it just keeps
    > coming back. What do i do?

Microsoft Windows XP