History Channel History of Pinball Episode " HANDS OF HIST..

I completely remastered the hands on history video and it is commercial
free and in one convenient file.

Register at my website ( Create a MY ACCOUNT ) and when I send out the
newsletter next week, you will be able to log in and download the
entire "hands on history" video in high quality for free from the link
inside the newsletter. The file is very large so I beefed up the
bandwidth.

Sign up today! Newsletter will go out next week.

http://www.classic-arcades.com/pinball

Thanks
Jeff
ClassicArcades Inc.

I am not "hosting" it.
Link will be in a private newsletter

;-)

Jeff

Didn't your website get suspended by your ISP the last time you hosted this
without
permission from History Channel?

--

Rob

<mcafee@epix.net> wrote in message
>I completely remastered the hands on history video and it is commercial
> free and in one convenient file.
>
> Register at my website ( Create a MY ACCOUNT ) and when I send out the
> newsletter next week, you will be able to log in and download the
> entire "hands on history" video in high quality for free from the link
> inside the newsletter. The file is very large so I beefed up the
> bandwidth.
>

> Sign up today! Newsletter will go out next week.
>
> http://www.classic-arcades.com/pinball
>

> Thanks
> Jeff
> ClassicArcades Inc.

How would the History Channel know about an obscure pinball website
hosting one of their shows?

Doug

Looks like someone on the group is a whistle blower and/or has a beef
with Jeff. (Why they would, I don't know. He strikes me as one of the
good guys arounfd here.)

DR

pinballdoctor.com

Someone from RGP emailed the History Channel last year with a direct
link to the file on my server.
I don't know who did it but they ruined it for everyone

Jeff
classicarcades inc.

Is there a problem with allowing people to download the show if you are
not CHARGING them to do so? What is the difference between your doing
that and people recording the show on their VCR or Tivo? Then, a group
of pinball collectors come over and view it while having a pinball
party. I don't know what the big deal is. No money changed hands. If
you were burning it to DVD and selling it or taking it to the local
flea market and selling it then yes, I see a problem.

Doug

Thanks for what you do. I am happy to be a customer of yours and hope you
can set aside the negative stuff you get or is posted about you.

Steve Schukei
CARGPB 24
<mcafee@epix.net> wrote in message
>I completely remastered the hands on history video and it is commercial
> free and in one convenient file.
>
> Register at my website ( Create a MY ACCOUNT ) and when I send out the
> newsletter next week, you will be able to log in and download the
> entire "hands on history" video in high quality for free from the link
> inside the newsletter. The file is very large so I beefed up the
> bandwidth.
>

> Sign up today! Newsletter will go out next week.
>
> http://www.classic-arcades.com/pinball
>

> Thanks
> Jeff
> ClassicArcades Inc.

http://www.usenet.com

frenchy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

<<Is there a problem with allowing people to download the show if you
are
not CHARGING them to do so? What is the difference between your doing
that and people recording the show on their VCR or Tivo? Then, a group
of pinball collectors come over and view it while having a pinball
party. I don't know what the big deal is. No money changed hands.>>

Yeah no big deal, let's just put SW Ep 2 on the internet and let
everyone have it for free. (Ok compared to Ep 3 it kinda stunk but you
get my point). Just because it was "on tv once" doesn't mean it is now
available for free distribution. If you wrote a book that was $17.95
would you want it to be available for free downloads on the internet?

Ummm, Hello?

We ARE using newsgroups, so why doesn't it just get posted to a
binaries.multimedia.misc or something like that? What am I missing?

-spazzman

<mcafee@epix.net> wrote in message
>I completely remastered the hands on history video and it is commercial
> free and in one convenient file.
>
> Register at my website ( Create a MY ACCOUNT ) and when I send out the
> newsletter next week, you will be able to log in and download the
> entire "hands on history" video in high quality for free from the link
> inside the newsletter. The file is very large so I beefed up the
> bandwidth.
>

> Sign up today! Newsletter will go out next week.
>
> http://www.classic-arcades.com/pinball
>

> Thanks
> Jeff
> ClassicArcades Inc.

Adi

Somebody ratted him out. I hosted it for a few days and my upstream provider
asked me to take it down, so I did. Happened around September, October of
last year, not sure, Google has it.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

"Kansas Pinball" <cyberolds1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> How would the History Channel know about an obscure pinball website
> hosting one of their shows?
>
> Doug

Adi, does that mean somebody reported you, too, or your provider was pissed at
the bandwidth spike?

Richard

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 06:18:42 GMT, <adi@txpinball.com> wrote:

>Somebody ratted him out. I hosted it for a few days and my upstream provider
>asked me to take it down, so I did. Happened around September, October of
>last year, not sure, Google has it.
>
>Adi
>www.txpinball.com
>
>"Kansas Pinball" <cyberolds1@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> How would the History Channel know about an obscure pinball website
>> hosting one of their shows?
>>
>> Doug

Catholic School Girls Hidden Shower Videos - Where can I get these?
Who filmed them Satan or Gorgar? Maybe someone should report them to
the Rat Squad. ;-)

Hmm, Frenchy had a good point. But, again I come back to my example of
people recording it off the air onto VCR and sharing/giving to friends.
Taking a DVD and ripping it is one thing, but recording it off a public
television broadcast seems to me to be another. I dunno, maybe at the
end of the History of Pinball show, there was a little blurb or
something about the show being copyrighted or something. I still say
that most companies will have a problem if you are on a street corner
making money off of their shows. Spreading it around could actually
help them promote the airing.

As for those who feel they need to send E-mails to companies about
copyright infractions, get a life.

Doug

aha!
so you're the one who has .com registered....

your neighbor pinballdoctor.net

Dr. Dave wrote:
> Looks like someone on the group is a whistle blower and/or has a beef
> with Jeff. (Why they would, I don't know. He strikes me as one of the
> good guys arounfd here.)
>
> DR
>
> pinballdoctor.com

a lot of people don't realize that piracy is communism.
plain and simple.
about 98% of the MP3's I own, I have the CD across the room. the other
2% just simply can't be found to purchase.

with that being sais, i did download the History of pinball video. no
other way for me to see it and since they didn't "charge" to see it in
the first place I can sleep at night. :)

little different between broadcast TV and motion pictures, but you're on
the right track

Dan

frenchy wrote:
> <<Is there a problem with allowing people to download the show if you
> are
> not CHARGING them to do so? What is the difference between your doing
> that and people recording the show on their VCR or Tivo? Then, a group
> of pinball collectors come over and view it while having a pinball
> party. I don't know what the big deal is. No money changed hands.>>
>
> Yeah no big deal, let's just put SW Ep 2 on the internet and let
> everyone have it for free. (Ok compared to Ep 3 it kinda stunk but you
> get my point). Just because it was "on tv once" doesn't mean it is now
> available for free distribution. If you wrote a book that was $17.95
> would you want it to be available for free downloads on the internet?

> tenacious

"Ya wants to fight? Ya gots ta fight fair..."

Obscure reference. My apologies.

Barry - NY

Good point Richard. In reality, there is probably a labyrinth of
legalities we don't even know about. My thoughts now go to the fact
that if the person(s) who ratted on Jeff the first time are on the
newsletter list, won't they then go and report the NEW link to the
History Channel? Just seems sad that a small token of help can get
twisted into something worth reporting to the authorities. Most of the
people who would download that are in the hobby of collecting pinball
machines. Not a huge tsunami of dowloads I am sure.

Well, good discussion and things have been learned through it. That is
a positive amongst all the negatives.

Doug

If the channel didn't care, then they wouldn't ask for it to be removed.

But you're right; running to tattle on someone for this kind of thing is pretty
lame.

Richard

On 12 Jun 2005 08:36:09 -0700, "Kansas Pinball" <cyberolds1@comcast.net> wrote:

>Hmm, Frenchy had a good point. But, again I come back to my example of
>people recording it off the air onto VCR and sharing/giving to friends.
>Taking a DVD and ripping it is one thing, but recording it off a public
>television broadcast seems to me to be another. I dunno, maybe at the
>end of the History of Pinball show, there was a little blurb or
>something about the show being copyrighted or something. I still say
>that most companies will have a problem if you are on a street corner
>making money off of their shows. Spreading it around could actually
>help them promote the airing.
>
>As for those who feel they need to send E-mails to companies about
>copyright infractions, get a life.
>
>Doug

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

Well, every news server is different but by the time you posted it all,
and Mr Spam posts his 9000 part "Catholic Schoolgirls Hidden Shower
Videos" it will have rolled off most news servers in a day.

Also, there are a lot of unreliable feeds out there so a lot of people
would end up with 78 of 100 parts.

But worth a try! It costs nothing to try.

Cheers
MacMan

In article <xr-dnfGlFbjeezbfRVn-tg@comcast.com>,
"j s" <spazzman90@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ummm, Hello?
>

> We ARE using newsgroups, so why doesn't it just get posted to a
> binaries.multimedia.misc or something like that? What am I missing?
>
> -spazzman
>
> <mcafee@epix.net> wrote in message
> >I completely remastered the hands on history video and it is commercial
> > free and in one convenient file.
> >
> > Register at my website ( Create a MY ACCOUNT ) and when I send out the
> > newsletter next week, you will be able to log in and download the
> > entire "hands on history" video in high quality for free from the link
> > inside the newsletter. The file is very large so I beefed up the
> > bandwidth.
> >

> > Sign up today! Newsletter will go out next week.
> >
> > http://www.classic-arcades.com/pinball
> >

> > Thanks
> > Jeff
> > ClassicArcades Inc.

LOL!

--
Fred
TX

"frenchy" <mf101723@msn.com> wrote in message news:1118554268.203879.87470@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> <<Is there a problem with allowing people to download the show if you
> are
> not CHARGING them to do so? What is the difference between your doing
> that and people recording the show on their VCR or Tivo? Then, a group
> of pinball collectors come over and view it while having a pinball
> party. I don't know what the big deal is. No money changed hands.>>
>
> Yeah no big deal, let's just put SW Ep 2 on the internet and let
> everyone have it for free. (Ok compared to Ep 3 it kinda stunk but you
> get my point). Just because it was "on tv once" doesn't mean it is now
> available for free distribution. If you wrote a book that was $17.95
> would you want it to be available for free downloads on the internet?

frenchy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

<<but recording it off a public
television broadcast seems to me to be another.>>

History Channel is not broadcast, you have to have cable or satellite
and pay to get it (at least pay for it in terms of you have to pay your
bill, not necessarily pay for History Channel by itself.)
I wouldn't have a problem with somebody posting an episode of Wagon
Train or Desperate Housewives or Everybody Loves Raymond - as long as
it still had all the originally broadcast commercials in it, or new
ones inserted. But the producers aren't going to do that cuz they make
more money on dvds. If dvd/tape sales had not come into existance, I
wouldn't have a problem with shows posted out on the net for free - as
long as the producers of the show were in control of it, and could also
put in new commercials in it...Frenchy

Doug, you'd be surprised at the amount of effort production companies exert to
find infringing uses of copyrighted materials. Having been loosely affiliated
with the music business (program director of a college radio station in the
seventies), even at that time ASCAP and BMI had folks ("compliance agents")
who would venture into various public places (bars, etc.) to verify that
people playing music in public paid their license fees.

While some conspiracy theorists would insist that every action is taken due to
a "whistleblower", that's not always the case. A lot of the owners are pretty
tenacious when it comes to trolling the 'net.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article <1118590569.009425.152230@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "Kansas

Kansas Pinball wrote:

>Is there a problem with allowing people to download the show if you are
>not CHARGING them to do so? What is the difference between your doing
>that and people recording the show on their VCR or Tivo? Then, a group
>of pinball collectors come over and view it while having a pinball
>party. I don't know what the big deal is. No money changed hands.

And no money will change hands when A&E decides to release the episode
on DVD. Since you are taking away their opportunity to make money on
something they own, there is definitely a problem with it.

There is a line somewhere between "inviting people over to watch it"
(or even "copying it to a DVD to lend to a friend") and "putting it up
for download"; it's a combination of how much money A&E would lose and
how much stuff they let people "get away with" before certain things
get declared "public domain". (Ask the trademark holders of Monopoly
or the Academy Award statue about that. Most of the "petty" lawsuits
that Disney and McDonald's file are more about defending their
copyrights and trademarks than anything else.)

-- Don

Kansas Pinball <cyberolds1@comcast.net> wrote:

> Good point Richard. In reality, there is probably a labyrinth of
> legalities we don't even know about. My thoughts now go to the fact
> that if the person(s) who ratted on Jeff the first time are on the
> newsletter list, won't they then go and report the NEW link to the
> History Channel?

Well, there's also the probability that History Channel employees
regularly google for "History Channel", in which case, they already know
about it.