Program does not run

I have a small installer that I use (it's been working OK for several years)
to copy some files to users local C drives on many of our company's
computers. For some reason on some versions of Windows XP with SP-2 nothing
happens when the user double-clicks on the EXE file in Explorer. The file is
registered as an application file...just doesn't run.

This has never happened before so any ideas where to start or what to check?

Thanks in advance.
--
Bill Ross
Denver, CO

Bill Ross <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

|>I have a small installer that I use (it's been working OK for several years)
|>to copy some files to users local C drives on many of our company's
|>computers. For some reason on some versions of Windows XP with SP-2 nothing
|>happens when the user double-clicks on the EXE file in Explorer. The file is
|>registered as an application file...just doesn't run.
|>
|>This has never happened before so any ideas where to start or what to check?

SP2 now implements Data Execution Prevention, the program your running
might not be allowed to run due to this http://tinyurl.com/4o6bb

If so, you can get around this.
Right click on "My Computer" - Properties - Advanced, then select
settings under performance, you'll find settings for Data Execution
Prevention there.
--
Ever wonder what the rest of the world is searching for?
http://tinyurl.com/6ow99

Hello Pennywise,

I have not been able to test. Users are traveling - thanks for the info,
I'll keep you posted.

--
Bill Ross
Denver, CO