System Commander blues

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I was trying to install System Commander 7.05. It didn't seem to go very well, because I can't seem to do anything with it. And I have very little ideal what it would do anyways, I was hoping to resize my partition, but I don't see any where to get started, unless it's threw boot up, or something or what ever.
Anyway now my computer boots to this message, how do I get rid of it. I don't think I was very successful at installing it, so it's not in the add/remove programs, and about the only thing I was able to do was delete the program. And my clean up program doesn't seem to find it, unless it's barred. The search and find seems useless also. About the only thing I can think to do is a system restore. Any ideals? Thanks

Boot 1> error, cannot run System commander: disk error.
Select Partition to boot 0-3

Hey Baby, want to play with my computer?

NickM

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2001
Sorry, can’t help you. Just a reminder for others, who is planning to use System Commander, Ranish Partition Manager, PowerQuest Partition Magic, etc.

Full backup first for your partition(s)/disk(s) – is always highly recommended. Resizing is rather unsafe, the system and data should be backed up prior any partition management software installation and disk resizing.
There are known issues with some version compatibilities, difficulties with uninstall; also infamous court cases, and rejected by software manufacturers claims for compensations for lost data, lack of proper support, and so on.
Peter Norton mentioned in on of his articles that he could loose his data if there were no backup he did prior partition management software installation. The software failed, as it happens sometimes despite all known precautions taken.