I have a question: Someone asks about pin value on board

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 12, 2005 12:43:34 AM

If someone comes up on the board and asks others opinion on the value
of their pin, do you think we should be honest or kiss fanny and give
the guy a high price so he feels good?

I always wonder about this

People ask for feedback and then when people are honest, the person who
did the original asking takes a fit

What is the policy?

Gary

More about : question asks pin board

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 12:46:44 AM

Give us an example.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 12:53:11 AM

The pin you sent me photos of was a work of art

I was thinking of others

gary
Related resources
June 12, 2005 1:00:02 AM

That's just the way it is. it's always more valuable to the guy who owns it.
I say give him an honest answer if he likes it or not. IMO.

Troy,

<gpctv02@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If someone comes up on the board and asks others opinion on the value
> of their pin, do you think we should be honest or kiss fanny and give
> the guy a high price so he feels good?
>
> I always wonder about this
>
> People ask for feedback and then when people are honest, the person who
> did the original asking takes a fit
>
> What is the policy?
>
> Gary

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 1:10:51 AM

It's all based on opinions anyway. Having this many people respond to a
price question is valuable because you can get an average after a
while. Just like the recent TZ post. The guy was thinking 5000 bucks.
But, after reading through many responses, the average was more like
3500 I think. SO, he posted it on Ebay in that range. Valuable help but
you have to wait for enough answers and not get mad at those who feel
it is not worth what you, the owner thinks.

I know I like to read the responses from people on values of games. It
gives me a ballpark estimate of what my pins may be worth.

Doug
June 12, 2005 5:02:52 PM

too many variables. condition, age, location and those are just for
starters.

--
billb
Every man has his price except the honest man. You get him for nothing.

!