Sign in with
Your question

13# laptop, 1200$ tops

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 23, 2009 8:04:03 PM

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find myself a new laptop since the old one is broken. I have tried to fill out the FAQ-list here:

1_What is your budget?

At most, 1200$

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

13#, large enough for it to be comfortable to look at, but it's still quite portable.

3_What screen resolution do you want?

I don't know much about this, but high enough to watch HD would be great, but isn't top priority.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable portable portable

5_How much battery life do you need?

More than 4 hours, the more the better. My old one started at 4 hours, and then it slowly began to stay on for a shorter and shorter amount of time. So, preferably at least 5 hours now I think of it.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Starcraft 2. I know the system requirements aren't really out, but from what I have read around the www, 2GB ram is needed, but it shouldn't be a lot harder to run than Age of Empires 3.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

I would like to watch movies on it, photo editing and stuff like that is something I'd only get in to if my computer was actually great at this.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

Not that much tbh, not that big a deal for me, but 150GB is kind of standard, right?

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

Ain't got anything here.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

2-4 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

DVD is the only thing necessary, Bluray is throwing money out the window imo.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I have had bad experiences with my HP Pavillion dv2500, but I am suspecting this is due to vista and a bunch of drivers for things I didn't need. But unless you can convince me that HP is alright and has computers that run smoothly, I'd rather get something else.

I am open to anything else, as long as the design is tolerable, been looking at dell but it seems like the batteries kind of suck. Apple is also welcome, haven't had one, but I am kind of drawn to the dark side here.

13_What country do you live in?
I live in Denmark, Europe.

Thanks for your help, I really hope you have some good advice. I want to make it clear that I am open to mac, I am just not sure if it's too pricey or worth the trouble.

Thank you.

-Weilstein

More about : laptop 1200 tops

a c 244 D Laptop
November 24, 2009 6:36:47 AM

This ASUS G60 would be great:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Laptop+with+Intel%26...

Another option would be Dell Studio 17 with i7 and HD 4670 VGA,the difference between the ASUS model and Dell is that the ASUS model has a better VGA but a weaker CPU,so if you are going to play other games at good settings too go for the ASUS model otherwise HD 4670 would be fine for running games at medium settings
!