I am trying to use a downloaded Google earth program. When I start the
program it does not load completely. It gives a message of "DirectX not
supported". At this time it locks up and I use the Task Mgr to end the task.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

You can start Google Earth in two different modes ( I think they even
include shortcuts in the start menu ). One is for DirectX and one is for
OpenGL !!

If you don't have these links, go to the Google Earth help web site and look
for them and how you can create them.

Otherwise, re-install DirectX 9.0c from the Microsoft web site.

Cheers,

Tom

"fort lauderdale" <fortlauderdale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:06891649-7240-435D-98C2-78EB1ACAA987@microsoft.com...