How can I check if I have keystroke program installed on m..

August 2, 2005 4:00:13 PM

I have a visitor in my house for a month, and I think (think) he installed a
keystroke copier program, is the a way I can tell if he did?. ZA came up
with a warning like that........ Peter
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 7:07:19 PM

Install and run

AD Aware SE
Spybot: Search and Destroy 1.4
CWShredder

Microsoft AntiSpyware

and update each with the latest definition. These should detect the
keylogger since it is a category of "spyware".

Then, place a password on your PC so that no one can access it without your
permission.

"PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have a visitor in my house for a month, and I think (think) he installed
>a keystroke copier program, is the a way I can tell if he did?. ZA came up
>with a warning like that........ Peter
August 2, 2005 7:07:20 PM

Thanks Yves, I will do it right away............Peter

> Install and run
>
> AD Aware SE
> Spybot: Search and Destroy 1.4
> CWShredder
>
> Microsoft AntiSpyware
>
> and update each with the latest definition. These should detect the
> keylogger since it is a category of "spyware".
>
> Then, place a password on your PC so that no one can access it without
> your permission.
>

> "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I have a visitor in my house for a month, and I think (think) he installed
>>a keystroke copier program, is the a way I can tell if he did?. ZA came up
>>with a warning like that........ Peter

August 2, 2005 8:17:35 PM

built a keylogger a few years ago and the only way to find it would be to
find it in the task manager, it was actually two small exe files so that if
one was killed the other exe would relaunch it and vice versa. The only way
to tell for sure is try looking at all of the running processes and narrow
it down. Even adding a password won't stop someone who knows computers.
SORRY