Sign in with
Your question

Converter for SPDIF Digital RCA to 5.1 Analog RCAs?

Last response: in Home Audio
February 3, 2010 2:29:42 PM

I have a blue-ray player that has a digital SPDIF RCA out on it. I would like to hook it up to my 5.1 speaker system, but the system I have only has analog RCA inputs for each of the 5.1 channels. Is there some type reasonably priced decoder box I can buy that will convert a single digital SPDIF RCA into 5.1 Analog RCA outputs? I could also snag the digital audio from the HDMI cable if there is a HDMI audio to analog 5.1 converter. :heink: 
- Mike
August 12, 2011 3:59:39 PM

thepunkerguy said:
I have a blue-ray player that has a digital SPDIF RCA out on it. I would like to hook it up to my 5.1 speaker system, but the system I have only has analog RCA inputs for each of the 5.1 channels. Is there some type reasonably priced decoder box I can buy that will convert a single digital SPDIF RCA into 5.1 Analog RCA outputs? I could also snag the digital audio from the HDMI cable if there is a HDMI audio to analog 5.1 converter. :heink: 
- Mike

Mike,

Did you get a reply? I need the same info.

D
m
l
August 12, 2011 5:30:34 PM

If you google Dolby Digital Decoder box you will get links to stuff like thishttp://www.ambery.com/2hddodtsdihd.html

Would have been cheaper to buy a Bluray player with analog outs but with the decoder you could also connect it to your cable box or TV and get surround for that as well.
m
l
!