Anyone who has purchased a new Inspiron XPS notebook - Are..

I'm looking to buy a gaming notebook. Its a tossup between a Dell
Inspiron XPS and and Alienware Area 51. In a notebook shootout done on
the techtv.com website the Alienware Area 51 notebook actually came
out on top out of four notebooks tested even edging out the Dell
Inspiron XPS. However I'am a little reluctant to buy from a relative
upstart such as Alienware compared to buying from Dell.
Anyways...If there are any Inspiron XPS users here can you please give
me some feedback about what you think of your new notebook. I know
there where some issues with the ATI 9700 graphics card but according
to Dell those supposedly have been cleared up.
One of the biggest things the Alienware has going for it imo is that
it has a user-upgradeable video card whereas Dell has to make a
service call ($$$).

I purchased a inspiron XPS recently and Dell has not addressed all the
issues with the ATI 9700 card. I have had several problems with the
card including horizontal lines running through video playback, loss
of resolution, fuzzy images and video lock-up. In some games I have
seen the image lose color and also the severe interference lines.

What can I do?
I went to the Dell's web site and they did not have any fixes yet.
I believe there are still unresolved issues with the card. I also have
a Sony TR2AP and it has no video problems.