VGA PinOuts

Luda

My laptop was recently stolen, and when i recovered it, it was in
peices. I have a hp zv5000. I was thinking about making the screen
itself into a monitor for another system that i am working on but i
need the pinouts to connect the lcd to the vga port, does any one know
where the pin outs are for this?

--
Luda
Luda's Profile: http://it.mylounge.us/member.php?userid=56097

br549

"Luda" <ludascript@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> My laptop was recently stolen, and when i recovered it, it was in
> peices. I have a hp zv5000. I was thinking about making the screen
> itself into a monitor for another system that i am working on but i
> need the pinouts to connect the lcd to the vga port, does any one know
> where the pin outs are for this?
>

> --
> Luda

It's not that simple, the connection between the laptop motherboard and it's
attached lcd monitor is not as simple as that.

I understand that part, im not worried about that, i have that taken
care of, all i need to know is where the pin outs are, so do you know
where they are at?

Fred Wrote:
> "Luda" <ludascript@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> It's not that simple, the connection between the laptop motherboard and
> it's
> attached lcd monitor is not as simple as that.

--
Luda
Luda's Profile: http://it.mylounge.us/member.php?userid=56097
View this thread: http://it.mylounge.us/showthread.php?t=105433

A Google search on "vga connector pinouts" returned this as the
first hit: http://www.bbdsoft.com/video.html
That was a tough one. Are you sure you know what you're doing?

> usenet@mylounge.com wrote in news:Luda.1uy47z@mylounge.us:
>
> I understand that part, im not worried about that, i have that
> taken care of, all i need to know is where the pin outs are, so
> do you know where they are at?
>
> Fred Wrote:
>> "Luda" <ludascript@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> It's not that simple, the connection between the laptop
>> motherboard and it's
>> attached lcd monitor is not as simple as that.

JustMe

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003

How would you power the lcd display, it's not going to run with just the vga
pins connected. It's no different than an lcd monitor except that all the
connections between it and the motherboard are unique to that particular
laptop.

<usenet@mylounge.com> wrote in message news:Luda.1uy47z@mylounge.us...

> I understand that part, im not worried about that, i have that taken
> care of, all i need to know is where the pin outs are, so do you know
> where they are at?
>
> Fred Wrote:
>> "Luda" <ludascript@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> It's not that simple, the connection between the laptop motherboard and
>> it's
>> attached lcd monitor is not as simple as that.
>

> --
> Luda
> Luda's Profile: http://it.mylounge.us/member.php?userid=56097
> View this thread: http://it.mylounge.us/showthread.php?t=105433

well considering that motherboard gives the monitor pawoer, im sure that
it will be rigged to a mother board, i plan on making it a monitor for a
security system that im setting up, im going to build a box and fram for
it and a housing for the board

Fred Wrote:
> How would you power the lcd display, it's not going to run with just the
> vga
> pins connected. It's no different than an lcd monitor except that all
> the
> connections between it and the motherboard are unique to that
> particular
> laptop.
>
> <usenet@mylounge.com> wrote in message news:Luda.1uy47z@mylounge.us...

--
Luda
Luda's Profile: http://it.mylounge.us/member.php?userid=56097
View this thread: http://it.mylounge.us/showthread.php?t=105433

In addition to the VGA pinout which you provided (somewhat commonly available
info), the OP needs to have the "pinout" (might even be a ribbon cable
connection, but hardly common info) for the LCD notebook screen, and he needs to
know the voltages on each lead, both for standard VGA cable and as supplied to
the notebook screen. And, of course, the LCD screen does not run all by itself.
It gets power from somewhere at a certain voltage.

If I had to make the choice, I would sell the remains of the notebook on eBay
and go buy myself a standard 15" flat screen LCD monitor. But, then, some
people like challenges and other people simply make their lives more
complicated... Ben Myers