can not cut and paste from remote

Hello all,
I try to ctrl-c copy text from my remote w2k terminal server and ctrl-v
paste to my local application. It does not work. I use xp remote desktop on
my local. What did I do wrong. Please advice.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about paste remote

    When a Ctrl-c (copy) is made, it applies that object to a clipboard that is
    local to that machine. If you have remote into another machine, then only
    that machine can use the clipboard object. It cannot be transfered to
    another machine. I would suggest using an Instant Messenger program on both
    machines and send yourself the data.

    "the_mail_man" wrote:

    > Hello all,
    > I try to ctrl-c copy text from my remote w2k terminal server and ctrl-v
    > paste to my local application. It does not work. I use xp remote desktop on
    > my local. What did I do wrong. Please advice.
    >
    > Thanks.

Terminal Server Windows XP