system preparation tool

Charles

I just reinstalled XP home from quick recovery disks on a compaq prserio. Now
everytime I boot up I get this system preparation tool window. It slows
things up for about 20 to 30 seconds. Is there any way I can disable this
window. In fact, I have no idea what it is used for. Reseal, auto boot,
factory

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

charles wrote:

> I just reinstalled XP home from quick recovery disks on a compaq prserio. Now
> everytime I boot up I get this system preparation tool window. It slows
> things up for about 20 to 30 seconds. Is there any way I can disable this
> window. In fact, I have no idea what it is used for. Reseal, auto boot,
> factory

Ask compaq tech support, or try som clean boot troubleshooting:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User