Closed Solved

Lg external hard drive drivers

Hello,
I have LG External Hard Drive with original data cable.
I plug it to my computer. But it is not recognized. Please help me.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about external hard drive drivers
  1. It must be formatted first.

Go to Control Panel ---> Administrative Tools ---> Computer Management ---> Disk Management. Then select (highlight) the LG drive and do an NTFS format. Re-start the computer.
  2. What sort of original data cable does your ext hdd have ? USB or e-sata or firewire ?

Do you use the original data cable or do you also use an extension cable to connect ?
  3. Ubrales said:
    It must be formatted first.

Go to Control Panel ---> Administrative Tools ---> Computer Management ---> Disk Management. Then select (highlight) the LG drive and do an NTFS format. Re-start the computer.

my computer doesn't even recognise it in computer management.. and showing that there are no drivers for the device, ,,,, what should i do now...?
  4. Best answer
    jkotesh said:
    my computer doesn't even recognise it in computer management.. and showing that there are no drivers for the device, ,,,, what should i do now...?

Try attaching it to a different computer. If it still does not show up anywhere then this could be a defective external drive. Contact tech support, and if the problems are not resolved start to RMA it.
  5. Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
  6. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

LG Drivers Computers Cable External Hard Drive