Unable to boot my PC at all. HELP!

Riz2612

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Hi there, first of all i would like to say i am new to this forum site so bare with me,

Basically i was using my PC the other day as normal and was using a remote desktop site 'logmein' and accidently connected to my own pc (silly i know) this then ordered my monitor to turn off, not knowing how to get the screen back on i restarted the pc via the power button..

NOW heres were the problems fall into place on restart it Froze on the 'windows staring' screen (when the screen is black all you can see is the logo and starting windows text).... i tried booting in safe mode and that worked however then after trying a few things and restarting a few times to see if it resolved the problem i now cant even boot in safe mode. in any mode infact....

Luckily while in safe mode the first thing i did was back my important data, so at this point i was left his no choice but the re install windows, I have my windows ISO on USB so i booted from USB and to reinstall windows, HOWEVER after the 'Windows is loading files' proccess it freezes in exactly the same place as it did before when starting windows normally....... Im terribly stuck in what to do.....

Please could someone help me with this problem i would appreciate this help very muchh thanks in advance

Riz

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Oops. didn't see you could'nt get into safe mode again.
Restart computer with windows Boot DVD.
At the window where it says install windows click on "repair my computer"
Let it do its thing.
If it says it fixed something, restart and see if problem is fixed.

Riz2612

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
hi there okk an update, my brother booted my pc with the windows DVD however the same problem occured.... what next? what could this possible mean Im thinking that this may be a Hardware problem.

Riz2612

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
I have a disc that it allows me to boot up a 'Mini Windows' i used this also to scan for any viruses and etc, No virus was detected... would formatting the Harddrive and then booting from the windows USB or DVD then work ? or will this not make a difference..

Riz2612

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Anyone have any suggesstions ?? i Think maybe is i burn my xp iso onto a DVD and install XP first if that works then reinstall the windows 7... im not an expert in IT, so i have no idea if this would work im just experimenting..

Riz2612

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
ok i have tried to install windows Xp and this worked perfectly fine.. my PC is up and running however when i then try and install the windows 7 again it freezes at the same place on installation :/... it loads windows files and then when it says 'starting windows' for the installtion it freezes... any idea why this is happening ? ive tried another power supply aswell... (u mean just the plug in part not the whole power suply unit right ? )