NC8000 Power conservation settings question

dre

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi all, when you plug the power adapter into the laptop, the screen gets
brighter, when you remove it dims. This is part of the power conservation
settings. On the older M700 laptops, you were able to switch this off using
the drivers downloaded from Compaq/HP. The drivers from Compaq/HP for the
NC8000 dont seem to have this feature.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to stop this? I'd really like to
have the same brightness settings all the time, no matter whether I have the
power adapter plugged in or not.

Cheers Dre

Dre <blah@somewhere.com> wrote:
> Hi all, when you plug the power adapter into the laptop, the screen gets
> brighter, when you remove it dims. This is part of the power conservation
> settings. On the older M700 laptops, you were able to switch this off using
> the drivers downloaded from Compaq/HP. The drivers from Compaq/HP for the
> NC8000 dont seem to have this feature.
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to stop this? I'd really like to
> have the same brightness settings all the time, no matter whether I have the
> power adapter plugged in or not.
>
> Cheers Dre

Perhaps it is now a *BIOS* setting. At least it is for my HP OmniBook
vt6200:

Power -> Backlight control

This has two settings:

- "Auto Restore", for which the "Item Specific Help" says "Backlight
brightness automatically remembered.".

- "Auto Dim", for which it says "Maximizes battery life.".

I hope this helps.

dre

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Frank Slootweg" <this@ddress.is.invalid> wrote in message
> Dre <blah@somewhere.com> wrote:
> > Hi all, when you plug the power adapter into the laptop, the screen gets
> > brighter, when you remove it dims. This is part of the power
conservation
> > settings. On the older M700 laptops, you were able to switch this off
using
> > the drivers downloaded from Compaq/HP. The drivers from Compaq/HP for
the
> > NC8000 dont seem to have this feature.
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to stop this? I'd really like
> > have the same brightness settings all the time, no matter whether I have
the
> > power adapter plugged in or not.
> >
> > Cheers Dre
>
> Perhaps it is now a *BIOS* setting. At least it is for my HP OmniBook
> vt6200:
>
> Power -> Backlight control
>
> This has two settings:
>
> - "Auto Restore", for which the "Item Specific Help" says "Backlight
> brightness automatically remembered.".
>
> - "Auto Dim", for which it says "Maximizes battery life.".
>
> I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, but no, this isn't an option in the bios :(

Cheers Dre