Error on opening new program

When I down load a program and try to open it I receive the message "Error
1606. Could not access network location %USERPROF%\Start
New\Programs\Startup".
For instance, I recently tried to download the trial version of ACDSee 7.0.
The program appeared to download OK, but when I tried to open it I received
the error.
Running XP Prof with all updates.

You have to install it first.

To add a program from a CD or floppy disk
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_addprog_install_program.mspx

How To Add Components and Programs to a Computer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305548

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes