Icon Won't Delete off Desktop

August 2, 2005 5:31:08 PM

I don't remember the conditions that brought this about, but I have a very
small Excel icon on my notebook's desktop that can't be deleted. It does not
load and has no display when you right or left click on it and remains in the
same spot.

Note: using XP professional

--
Christopher

More about : icon delete desktop

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 7:17:02 PM

ive had a problem simlar to this before with a line throught the middle of my
screen. THe problem is the computer has randomly decided to set it as a
permenate seeting a factory seting so tryin to delete this is going against
its program therefore canot be done they onli resolution is to reinstall
windows and just back up ur files before doing so but if it isnt such a
problem then just leave it sorry i couldnt be of more assistance

!