Icon Won't Delete off Desktop

I don't remember the conditions that brought this about, but I have a very
small Excel icon on my notebook's desktop that can't be deleted. It does not
load and has no display when you right or left click on it and remains in the
same spot.

Note: using XP professional

--
Christopher
1 answer Last reply

    ive had a problem simlar to this before with a line throught the middle of my
    screen. THe problem is the computer has randomly decided to set it as a
    permenate seeting a factory seting so tryin to delete this is going against
    its program therefore canot be done they onli resolution is to reinstall
    windows and just back up ur files before doing so but if it isnt such a
    problem then just leave it sorry i couldnt be of more assistance

    "Christopher" wrote:

    > I don't remember the conditions that brought this about, but I have a very
    > small Excel icon on my notebook's desktop that can't be deleted. It does not
    > load and has no display when you right or left click on it and remains in the
    > same spot.
    >
    > Note: using XP professional
    >
    > --
    > Christopher