Where may I find administrators password stored?

August 2, 2005 9:01:42 PM

Windows XP Home. Where is the administrators password stored in xp? I am
trying to do a repair installation of xp and it wants the admin password and
I have typed every password I have ever used there and it won't accept them.
Where can I find what it wants for a password? Any help appreciated.
August 2, 2005 9:01:43 PM

clay wrote:

> Windows XP Home. Where is the administrators password stored in xp? I am
> trying to do a repair installation of xp and it wants the admin password and
> I have typed every password I have ever used there and it won't accept them.
> Where can I find what it wants for a password? Any help appreciated.

Have you tried a blank password? Just hit enter at that screen.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Ok thanks that works.