Where may I find administrators password stored?

Windows XP Home. Where is the administrators password stored in xp? I am
trying to do a repair installation of xp and it wants the admin password and
I have typed every password I have ever used there and it won't accept them.
Where can I find what it wants for a password? Any help appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about where find administrators password stored

    clay wrote:

    > Windows XP Home. Where is the administrators password stored in xp? I am
    > trying to do a repair installation of xp and it wants the admin password and
    > I have typed every password I have ever used there and it won't accept them.
    > Where can I find what it wants for a password? Any help appreciated.

    Have you tried a blank password? Just hit enter at that screen.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Ok thanks that works.