Plug and Play will not recognize printer

Jo

I am trying to install an HP all in one printer on my HP pavilion xt155.
The Cd is the one for XP. SO I install and click finish. Then I connect the
printer, turn it on but plug and play will not recognize and complete the
installation.
Any ideas?

Mike

Splendid

Check in device manager to see if you have any conflicts in your USB. I
assume this is a USB printer cable. You may have to go into the bios and turn
the usb on.

"jo" wrote:

> I am trying to install an HP all in one printer on my HP pavilion xt155.
> The Cd is the one for XP. SO I install and click finish. Then I connect the
> printer, turn it on but plug and play will not recognize and complete the
> installation.
> Any ideas?

Jo

This is a parallel printer.

"Mike" wrote:

> Check in device manager to see if you have any conflicts in your USB. I
> assume this is a USB printer cable. You may have to go into the bios and turn
> the usb on.
>
> "jo" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to install an HP all in one printer on my HP pavilion xt155.
> > The Cd is the one for XP. SO I install and click finish. Then I connect the
> > printer, turn it on but plug and play will not recognize and complete the
> > installation.
> > Any ideas?

Are you using a bi-directional cable?

Along with that HP PSCs need the port to have dma enabled, and the printer
port needs to be setup as an ECP port. This is normally done in the bios,
the windows picks it up.

Both parallel port and USB PSCs that I've used from HP require that they be
on/energized and connected prior to running the installation software.