help! LCD monitor and 3D games

Hello,
I am considering buying a LCD flat panel monitor to
replace my old CRT one. I wanted to ask the gamers out
there about response time, most 19" monitors have 25ms
response. I was wondering if a monitor has an overall
response of 25ms , but its exact specs are 15ms (R) and
10ms (F) does that make a difference than 25ms period?

How important is it to get under 25ms for an LCD? I like
to use my computer for the latest games..and dont want to
make a bad purchase for what I want the monitor to be able
to do.
Thanks for all responses.
Dan
1 answer Last reply
More about help monitor games
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Dan R wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am considering buying a LCD flat panel monitor to
    > replace my old CRT one. I wanted to ask the gamers out
    > there about response time, most 19" monitors have 25ms
    > response. I was wondering if a monitor has an overall
    > response of 25ms , but its exact specs are 15ms (R) and
    > 10ms (F) does that make a difference than 25ms period?
    >
    > How important is it to get under 25ms for an LCD? I like
    > to use my computer for the latest games..and dont want to
    > make a bad purchase for what I want the monitor to be able
    > to do.
    > Thanks for all responses.
    > Dan

    Take a look at the May 2004 issue of Maximum PC.

    --
    The Spirit

Games LCD Monitor Monitors Video Games