Multiple versions of MS Access

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I'm in the correct area, but I do have kind of a general
question regarding Windows XP.

Specifically, will XP Pro support two separate versions of MS Access (2.0
and 2003) on the same PC if using two separate user profiles?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.
--
Wayne

Alan

Hi Wayne.

Well, I have Access 2.0, 97, 2000, and 2002 installed on my XP computer at
work and Access 97, 2000, and 2002 installed on my home computer.

You don't have to even use different profiles for the installations. Just
install each version in its own directory and they will co-exist very
nicely.

Alan

"Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure if I'm in the correct area, but I do have kind of a general
> question regarding Windows XP.
>
> Specifically, will XP Pro support two separate versions of MS Access (2.0
> and 2003) on the same PC if using two separate user profiles?
>
> I appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Wayne

Hi Alan.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate the very straight-forward response.

Thanks again, Alan. Have a great day.
--
Wayne

"Alan" wrote:

> Hi Wayne.
>
> Well, I have Access 2.0, 97, 2000, and 2002 installed on my XP computer at
> work and Access 97, 2000, and 2002 installed on my home computer.
>
> You don't have to even use different profiles for the installations. Just
> install each version in its own directory and they will co-exist very
> nicely.
>
> Alan
>
> "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm not sure if I'm in the correct area, but I do have kind of a general
> > question regarding Windows XP.
> >
> > Specifically, will XP Pro support two separate versions of MS Access (2.0
> > and 2003) on the same PC if using two separate user profiles?
> >
> > I appreciate your help.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > Wayne

dl

Further, from MS, you are advised to install earlier version first and
update before adding later version.
I also belive that starting with 2002, by default the install is to a
version specific folder
You will likely need to amend shortcuts, on the first install, otherwise
they will be overwritten by the later.
ie Access97 as apposed to Access

> Hi Alan.
>
> Thanks for the help. I really appreciate the very straight-forward
response.

> Thanks again, Alan. Have a great day.
> --
> Wayne
>

> "Alan" wrote:
>
> > Hi Wayne.
> >
> > Well, I have Access 2.0, 97, 2000, and 2002 installed on my XP computer
at
> > work and Access 97, 2000, and 2002 installed on my home computer.
> >
> > You don't have to even use different profiles for the installations.
Just
> > install each version in its own directory and they will co-exist very
> > nicely.
> >
> > Alan
> >
> > "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm not sure if I'm in the correct area, but I do have kind of a
general
> > > question regarding Windows XP.
> > >
> > > Specifically, will XP Pro support two separate versions of MS Access
(2.0
> > > and 2003) on the same PC if using two separate user profiles?
> > >
> > > I appreciate your help.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > --
> > > Wayne

Thansk, DL. . .

The earlier version has been installed first, and the database files
converted to the newer version (in a separate directory) and separate
shortcuts will point to the appropriate application database. Users will not
be opening Access directly, but opening the application file. Thanks for the
heads-up, DL. I really appreciate your help.
--
Wayne

"DL" wrote:

> Further, from MS, you are advised to install earlier version first and
> update before adding later version.
> I also belive that starting with 2002, by default the install is to a
> version specific folder
> You will likely need to amend shortcuts, on the first install, otherwise
> they will be overwritten by the later.
> ie Access97 as apposed to Access
>
> "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Alan.
> >
> > Thanks for the help. I really appreciate the very straight-forward
> response.
> >
> > Thanks again, Alan. Have a great day.
> > --
> > Wayne
> >

> > "Alan" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Wayne.
> > >
> > > Well, I have Access 2.0, 97, 2000, and 2002 installed on my XP computer
> at
> > > work and Access 97, 2000, and 2002 installed on my home computer.
> > >
> > > You don't have to even use different profiles for the installations.
> Just
> > > install each version in its own directory and they will co-exist very
> > > nicely.
> > >
> > > Alan
> > >
> > > "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> general