Sign in with
Your question

Asus A7N8X Deluxe (nForce2) NOT recommended !!

Last response: in CPUs
December 26, 2002 6:28:48 PM

Unfortunately there is no BIOS available for this board, which unlocks the multipliers on Thoroughbred B's (XP2400+, XP2600+, XP2700+ and XP2800+). Due to this fact, I advice potential buyers which plan to use the motherboard together with a Thoroughbred B, to choose another motherboard.

<i>/Copenhagen - Clockspeed will make the difference... in the end</i> :cool:
December 26, 2002 6:40:07 PM

Don't you have to connect the L1 bridges to change the multiplier?

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.
December 26, 2002 7:03:17 PM

Quote:
Don't you have to connect the L1 bridges to change the multiplier?

Other mainboards allows you to change the multiplier WITHOUT connecting bridges. The advantage is obvious, you don't run the risk of damaging the chip and you don't void your warranty.

Related resources
December 26, 2002 7:11:31 PM

If you don't plan on Over Clocking, then who gives a sh!t buddy..

This board is HIGHLIY reccomended! by me and by half of this community!

This Community is like a Second Family!!
December 26, 2002 7:29:54 PM

Quote:
If you don't plan on Over Clocking, then who gives a sh!t buddy..

OK, I'll re-phrase:

If you plan to overclock your Thoroughbred B, without messing around with the L-bridges, then the Asus A7N8X is <b>NOT</b> RECOMMENDED !!!

Also if you plan to run your CPU at STOCK frequency but with a higher FSB and lower multiplier, this board is <b>NOT</b> recommended !!

a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2002 7:36:00 PM

Er, can't you just raise the bus speed?

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
December 26, 2002 7:45:47 PM

Quote:
Er, can't you just raise the bus speed?

Yes, but to really tweak this board, you need to be able to MAX the FSB by lowering the multiplier and run the memory in synchronous dual-channel mode.

December 26, 2002 8:04:51 PM

I don't think overclocking is covered by the warranty. If AMD sees damage consistent with overclocking they will not warranty the product regardless of what you did with the bridges.

So overclockers are on their own dime.

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>
December 26, 2002 8:17:16 PM

Quote:
I don't think overclocking is covered by the warranty.

Sure, but if there's no visual signs of abuse, it's hard to determine the exact cause of death. But one thing is sure, if you have fiddled with the L-bridges, the warranty will not cover.

December 26, 2002 9:30:05 PM

this is still a rock solid performing board...

it's highly reccomended.. its jam packed with great features, and the chipset is very stable

December 26, 2002 9:39:48 PM

Quote:
this is still a rock solid performing board...

it's highly reccomended.. its jam packed with great features, and the chipset is very stable

It's not too bad, I admit, but the unlocking feature that other motherboards implements is still missing, and in my opinion it's worth a lot more than some of the other, so called, "overclocking features" of the board. Asus should really do something about this, other manufacturers doesn't seem to have problems implementing it.

December 26, 2002 9:50:30 PM

So Tom's Hardware must have been incorrect or ignorant when they say:

"In addition, the three candidates offer overclocking options. Chaintech offers Vcore at up to 2.150 V (great for cryo-cooling), while it is missing an option to alter the multiplier. The same applies to the Leadtek board, which only comes with rudimentary options. Asus goes the straight way, and includes all the options you may want. "

This comes from this <A HREF="http://www6.tomshardware.com/mainboard/20021111/nforce2..." target="_new">article</A>. That is not meant to be sarcastic. This article is slightly misleading to not mention this and give you the impression that the Asus board gives you everything.

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>
December 26, 2002 10:04:52 PM

nice post paulj

the board has everything i want!

December 26, 2002 10:16:36 PM

If you're that much into overclocking then connect the L1 bridges! Or better yet, get a P4.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.
December 26, 2002 10:55:01 PM

can't say it anybetter!

December 27, 2002 1:21:04 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately there is no BIOS available for this board, which unlocks the multipliers on Thoroughbred B's (XP2400+, XP2600+, XP2700+ and XP2800+).

So <b><A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1759&p=9" target="_new"><font color=blue>AnandTech</A></b></font color=blue> is incorrect when saying this?
<b>This was made possible by a great feature the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe affords (as do all nForce2 motherboards), and that's the ability to adjust the CPU multiplier in the BIOS without having to do physical modification to the CPU. Therefore, all you have to do is install your multiplier-locked Athlon XP CPU into your nForce2 motherboard and voila; you can adjust all the available multipliers to your heart's content. However, make sure you purchase the right type of Athlon XP; only Thoroughbred-B processors have this capability on nForce2 motherboards. You cannot change the multiplier of a locked Palomino or Thoroughbred-A processor in any of the six nForce2 motherboards being reviewed today.</b>

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
December 27, 2002 2:23:10 AM

yeah but for overclocking in general he probably should have chosen a P4 platform
plus look at his sig ;)  "Clockspeed will make the difference...in the end"
perhaps he should have chosen P4!

i don't like the original title of this thread

--------------

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&..." target="_new">mubla otohp eht ni ecaf ruoy teg</A>
December 27, 2002 3:25:30 AM

Before i go on my rant, Im not sure which version of thoroughbred core I have.. but I have an 1800+ Tbred. Now.. the board detects it as a 2000+ with all the proper bus speeds and multipliers. If this board doesn't overclock tbred's.. why is it overclocking mine.. *an honest question, not a sarcastic response*
December 27, 2002 8:54:24 AM

Quote:
This comes from this article. That is not meant to be sarcastic. This article is slightly misleading to not mention this and give you the impression that the Asus board gives you everything.

I know, I read that article BEFORE making my buy, now it seems that either I've been mislead by Patrick Schmid or Asus was clever enough to give the reviewer a "special" version too boost sales. Either way, I'm very dissatisfied.

December 27, 2002 9:08:51 AM

Quote:
If you're that much into overclocking then connect the L1 bridges! Or better yet, get a P4.

No, I just want ALL the features that was "promised" in the THG review. Without this essential feature, it's not possible to push the envelope of my XP2400+ / nForce2 combo without fiddling with the bridges.

On the P4 issue, if an improved BIOS doesn't show up, I will consider my first AMD purchase a big mistake. It's just a lot easier to tweak a P4 and you don't really need to change the multiplier to get the most out of the board.

December 27, 2002 1:00:05 PM

Yes however a P4 would be more than deadly if it had multiplier unlocking no?
And that is exactly what you're trying to get off the AMD one. I have linked many times to you all how DDR400+200MHZ FSB DDR for Athlons can be a very powerful combo, and added to nForce 2, it is an even more powerful combo.
I hope you can be patient, and either call Asus and demand a refund for the blatant lie or keep researching until you give up, return the board and get one from another company. Just don't give up until you really have exhausted all possibilities.

--
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&..." target="_new">The THGC Photo Album, send your pics and see others'!</A>
December 28, 2002 5:54:07 AM

old news. Tom doesn't know beans about anything and half the benchmarks are photoshopped. the "Unlocked P4" for example was
BS it had a willamette serial number.

or the 3.06 beating a 2800XP in 3dmark. one might think that if he faked that benchmark he would try and not not it blow up in his face.

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20021114/p4_306ht-12.ht...
note the score of the
3.06 in 3dmark- 15620
and athlon 2800XP - 15279

now a few weeks later.
http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021218/vgacharts...
3.06- 15373
2600XP- 15497

look at the score of the 2600 in the first article 13766
the 2600XP is 9% slower than the 2800+ but if you add 9% to the score the 2600 got in the later review the AMD beats intel by a huge margin.

-lesson learned. there will still be those who dispute this

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadi...

ihttp://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/ some serious help <
December 28, 2002 7:33:30 AM

Before blaming THG, blame yourself.

THG used AXP 2700+ (333 MHz FSB) in VGA charts. And you are reffering the benchmark results of AXP 2600+ (266 MHz FSB). In P4 3.06 GHz review, THG used PC1066 RDRAM. But in VGA charts, THG used i845PE chipset and PC2700 DDR.

Let us know what is the Best Chipset of 2002 in your eye.<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?na..." target="_new"> Click </A>
December 29, 2002 12:27:23 AM

geez dude you really don't think do you. how did the 2700+ miraculously get faster than the 2800+ previously reviewed by Tom compared to the chip made by Tom's master i mean Intel. Why didn't he upgrade his charts if he wants to have the most accurate benchmarks. see the light dude. he freaking lies about half the stuff on the site to please intel. like that hyperthreading video. its sad. check out the link in my signature.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadi...

ihttp://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/ some serious help <
December 29, 2002 12:47:04 AM

3D Mark scores are not 100% identical every time you run it. They usually keep in a range. From this point of view, you can't tell the 2700+ benchmark in VGA charts is not fake.

Let us know what is the Best Chipset of 2002 in your eye.<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?na..." target="_new"> Click </A>
December 29, 2002 10:46:51 AM

lmao

December 29, 2002 1:44:20 PM

You obviously are one misinformed person.
The P4 used DDR RAM to compete, it most certainly will not perform as much as before in gaming.
Get your facts straight before blaming Lars or THG.

--
Help the THGC Photo Album project by promoting this URL to your sig! http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&...
December 30, 2002 4:17:34 PM

Quote:
there will still be those who dispute this

Of course there will be, especially when your arguments are so holed with flaws that one would think them having played with the wrong end of an M-16.

No offense zabomb4163, but you seem to be incorrectly reading or entirely missing some of the very pertinant information in your so-called proof that renders your conclusions baseless.

First off, your <i>major</i> oversights are: In the P4 3.06GHz review, the P4 3.06GHz was run using PC1066 RDRAM. In the VGA charts, the P4 3.06GHz was run using PC2700 DDR. That in itself accounts for a <i>considerable</i> difference in performance on the P4 system.

Secondly, the <i>only</i> AMD chip used in the VGA charts was the AXP2700+, <i>not</i> the AXP 2600+. So let's at least compare apples to apples here, which are the scores of the AMD 2700+ with a Radeon 9700 Pro.

Now, looking at AMD scores, the AXP2700+ from the P4 3.06GHz review scored 15136. In the VGA charts the AXP2700+ scored 15497. At first glance this does indeed seem to somewhat loosely support your claims as the P4 3.06GHz review does put AMD in a slightly worse light than the VGA charts review.

That is, until thirdly, you actually look at the <i>refresh rates</i> used. In the P4 3.06GHz review, 3DMark 2001SE was set to a resolution of 1024x768, a color depth of 32-bit, and a refresh rate of <b>85Hz</b>. In the VGA charts review, 3DMark 2001SE was set to a resolution of 1024x768, a color depth of 32-bit, and a refresh rate of <b>60Hz</b>.

Obviously, refreshing to the monitor more frequently (as in 85Hz compared to 60Hz) <i>will</i> result in a minor performance loss. So of course the AXP2700+ did better when the refresh rate was set lower.

Now, we could argue that indeed THG in general could really use a standardization of benchmark settings so that you can indeed compare from one review to the next. However, considering that every other review site that I've seen doesn't really standardize either, it would be difficult to really see this as a lacking at THG.

And, of course, we come to the final and most significant failings in your arguments:

1) <b>ALL</b> of the benchmarks are 'photoshopped'. (Or at least put together by some nice little graphical software.) How do you think charts are made, the Chart Fairy?

2) Just because a picture of the CPU may or may not be fake doesn't mean that the benchmark resuts are fake. To disprove THG benchmarks, you would have to actually provide your own benchmarks using the exact same hardware and software with the exact same settings. And seeing as how many times other hardware review sites who <i>do</i> use similar hardware come up with similar results, it would be awfully uncanny of THG to consistantly fake results that are actually supportable by other review sites.

Now I will readily admit that THG does have its flaws. If you want to point out reviews that Tom specifically had a hand in and point out flaws in that, you might have a point. However personally libelling Tom over the whole of THG and the actions of all of its staff is in my opinion completely unjustified.

<font color=red>--The turkey may burn and the family may fight,
but video games are forever, so to all a good byte.--</font color=red>
<font color=green>Winter Solstice: <i>The</i> reason for the season.</font color=green>
December 30, 2002 4:25:13 PM

Quote:
No, I just want ALL the features that was "promised" in the THG review.

No offense Copenhagen, but not a single review "promises" anything. They merely review what they are given. No manufacturer is bound by comments made by reviewers.

On top of that, nearly every single review at THG is of pre-production engineering sample components shipped by the manufacturer, <i>not</i> of post-production retail parts. As such all are subject to change without notice by THG or the manufacturer, especially since THG undoubtedly hardly ever is informed of any changes that are made.

Did Asus "promise" you the unlocking feature? Is it listed in any of their product documentation?

<font color=red>--The turkey may burn and the family may fight,
but video games are forever, so to all a good byte.--</font color=red>
<font color=green>Winter Solstice: <i>The</i> reason for the season.</font color=green>
December 30, 2002 4:57:01 PM

Quote:
Did Asus "promise" you the unlocking feature? Is it listed in any of their product documentation?

Sigh... First of all I hope you noticed that the word "promise" was put in ... yes, quotation marks. This means that of couse I'm aware that nobody has promised my anything, but nonetheless I was given the impression that the feature was present. Combining this with the fact that a lot of KT400 boards also has this feature, I was pretty confident that the A7N8X would also have it. Well, I got disappointed and I'm still a bit frustrated that the feature is missing. The Epox 8RDA+ would have been a much better choice for me as things stands. Besides having the unlocking feature it also allows for a Vcore all the way up to 2.20V whereas the A7N8X "only" allows for 1.85V. 2.20V would probably be lethal in the long run, but lower voltages can also be chosen.

It's a fact that my XP2400+ currently running 2400MHz with 1.85V Vcore is no challenge whatsoever for my innovaCOOL rev.3 based watercooling system. In retrospect, I should have chosen the nForce2 overclockers dream, the Epox 8RDA+. Hopefully Asus will soon release a new BIOS which will "rectify" the mentioned issues, and let the A7N8X Deluxe finally become the best AMD motherboard in the world, we'll see.

December 30, 2002 7:19:26 PM

Umm, right now, my AMD 2600+ is running at 12.0 * 179 without doctoring the chip in anyway (this is one muliplier level below the default). So this board DOES let you change the multiplier without physically altering the chip. This is also with the BIOS version and CD software that came packaged with it.

Vyr
December 30, 2002 7:46:22 PM

Quote:
That is, until thirdly, you actually look at the refresh rates used. In the P4 3.06GHz review, 3DMark 2001SE was set to a resolution of 1024x768, a color depth of 32-bit, and a refresh rate of 85Hz. In the VGA charts review, 3DMark 2001SE was set to a resolution of 1024x768, a color depth of 32-bit, and a refresh rate of 60Hz.

Obviously, refreshing to the monitor more frequently (as in 85Hz compared to 60Hz) will result in a minor performance loss. So of course the AXP2700+ did better when the refresh rate was set lower.

I am not countering you here, however I couldn't grasp what you were saying.
I didn't think that the monitor's PERSONAL HARDWARE would actually interfere with performance, in fact I recall that the higher the refresh rate is, the more frames you can feel. However this is not what I wanted to ask you, it's more what you said about the comparison. If BOTH processors were running at 85Hz in the CPU article, and then in the VGA article they ran at 60Hz, I fail to see why the P4 would be penalized and the XP2700+ would not as your second paragraph states. To me it seems they were both lowered down but are still on the same level therefore the performance should go down proportionally, without any processor taking more damage than the other in performance.
So I don't see really why would the AthlonXP 2700+ be better here with the refresh rate point of yours, as it would seem to me that IF the lower refresh rate provided more performance to the benchmark, then both the competing CPUs are supposed to NOT get any interference in the overall winner CPU in the benchmark and the entire performance lies once more back at the DDR setup of the P4.

Anyway, that guy's a troll, don't waste your time correcting him with a long post like this, it's not worth flexing your debating muscles over this dude, keep it to open minded ones.

--
Help the THGC Photo Album project by promoting this URL to your sig! http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&...
December 30, 2002 8:01:20 PM

Quote:
Umm, right now, my AMD 2600+ is running at 12.0 * 179 without doctoring the chip in anyway (this is one muliplier level below the default). So this board DOES let you change the multiplier without physically altering the chip. This is also with the BIOS version and CD software that came packaged with it.

What motherboard do you have and what BIOS version did it come with, stranger ?

December 30, 2002 8:12:29 PM

It would seem he has the A7N8X if he replied to you and stated "this board" in reference to the A7N8X.
He seems to have used the factory set BIOS version.

--
December 30, 2002 8:33:17 PM

Quote:
It would seem he has the A7N8X if he replied to you and stated "this board" in reference to the A7N8X.
He seems to have used the factory set BIOS version.

Yes, you would assume that he has the A7N8X with the same BIOS that I have, but I would like to have it confirmed in writing, before I deal with it.

December 30, 2002 11:19:43 PM

OK, here's my take on the 'interesting' 3DMark2001SE scores.

First review scores were
P4-3.06 running RDRAM PC1066 - it scored 15620
AXP 2700+ running DDR333 - score 15136

Second review scores were
P4-3.06 running DDR333 - score 15373
AXP 2700+ running DDR333 - score 15497

so what's interesting - P4 goes down a little. AXP comes up a little.
P4 is easy to explain - DDR vs. RDRAM.. everyone's seen enough reviews to have seen P4 consistently run better (on average) with RDRAM.

here's the inconsistencies between reviews that can all help explain the differences in 3Dmark scores

P4 review - Radeon 9700 PRO drivers from ATI -
CATALYST(tm) 02.3 (build 6.13.10.6166)

VGA charts
ATI - v. 02.5 (6.13.10.6218)

version 02.3 vs. 02.5.
that alone could give the AXP a lift. Why then does the P4 suffer if the AXP gains?? Remember DDR vs. RDRAM.... Maybe the NET result of a driver improvement and a RAM hindrance is about -300 Marks for the P4-3.06?!?!?

Refresh rate has changed from 85 down to 60Hz
In this case, something has to be feeding more (or less) data to the DACs for them to drive a higher refresh rate on the monitor - this *could* slow down a cards overall performance.

and who knows what happened with the Mobo bioses and drivers for other things. There's not much explaination of bios versions on hte VGA-chart article.

That should clear up some things. *crosses fingers and puts on welding-helmet which doubles as flame retarder*

"Meet me on Platform 10 in 3 minutes... or Platform 3 in 10 minutes, whichever you prefer!!"
December 31, 2002 2:29:09 PM

Intresting.. this is why i made the topic IS THG SLACKING... this is also my new sig..

basically sh!t like that is what makes me think THG is slacking..

Is THG Slightly Slacking??
December 31, 2002 6:18:57 PM

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I do indeed have the A7N8X board w/factory BIOS, deluxe version by the way. I doubt this is the case, but maybe the non-deluxe version doesn't support multiplier unlocking? I don't remember it being mentioned as a "feature" in the manual anywhere, but who knows.

Vyr
January 1, 2003 1:03:02 AM

Quote:
I do indeed have the A7N8X board w/factory BIOS, deluxe version by the way.

I also have the Deluxe version, as you can see from the headline of this thread. I would like you to be more specific about BIOS version number, and also I would like you to list your settings in Advanced Chipset Features. You do not need to write down the text, only the setting , like:

133MHz
Auto
5.0x
Optimal
and so on.

Thank you.

January 1, 2003 7:28:09 PM

Bump!

Still waiting for specifics regarding your A7N8X setup.

January 2, 2003 5:40:10 PM

Ok, in the Motherboard board here there is a thread that talks about this also. According to one person, only the NEW Athlon Tbirds can be unlocked with the A7N8X. The older pal cores apparently won't work this way. I bought my chip the same time I did my board and got the 2600 with the 333 FSB, hence the new core.

I'm at work right now, so I can't say for certain these are my settings, but they are pretty close.

CPU Frequency: 179
CPU Multiple Setting: User Defined
CPU Multiplier: 12.0
System Performance: User Defined
CPU Interface: Aggressive
Memory Frequency : Synch
Memory Timings: User Defined

SDRAM Precharge Delay: 5
RAS to CAS Delay: 2
RAS precharge: 2
CAS Latency: 2

That should be about it. I think this makes the problem chip specific and not board specific now.

Vyr
January 2, 2003 6:40:35 PM

Have a look at this <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam..." target="_new"> forum</A> where you can download the latest Bios from Asus. As far as I know it is a Beta Bios and has the feature to unlock all 2400+ and up XP chips. Hopefuly this will end this thread...

Your new hardware is out-of-date
January 2, 2003 8:32:26 PM

Quote:
Ok, in the Motherboard board here there is a thread that talks about this also. According to one person, only the NEW Athlon Tbirds can be unlocked with the A7N8X. The older pal cores apparently won't work this way. I bought my chip the same time I did my board and got the 2600 with the 333 FSB, hence the new core.

A lot of people with the EPOX 8RDA+ have no problems unlocking their 2400+ (Thoroughbred B). So I'm not convinced that the CPU is the problem here. It might be the motherboard revision. I have seen A7N8X boards up to Rev. 1.3.

Bottom line is that currently there's no guarantee that a A7N8X board will let you change the multiplier.

I have e-mailed ASUS about the problem, but I haven't heard from them yet. I remember as THG review where ASUS got a low score on customer support, so I don't expect to get any answer, but at least I tried.

January 2, 2003 9:04:51 PM

Quote:
Have a look at this forum where you can download the latest Bios from Asus. As far as I know it is a Beta Bios and has the feature to unlock all 2400+ and up XP chips. Hopefuly this will end this thread...

No, it points to the so called 1001.G BIOS, which I am using already. Cpu-Z reports the BIOS like this:

ASUS A7N8X ACPI BIOS Rev 1017 Beta 005 T0

It actually doesn't allow me to clock my XP2400+ as high as when I used the 1001.C, but at least it doesn't lock up as often when playing with the BIOS settings, requiring battery removal etc.

January 3, 2003 12:45:32 AM

I have an a7n8x and so does a friend. We have the deluxe with the factory bios. Neither of us can change the multiplier, of course we havn't touched the bridges, but our a7n8x's do not unlock the multiplier. I love this board...blazing fast, havn't crashed once. My friend has had the same results.

- - - -
Kill a man and you're a murderer;
Kill many and you're a conquerer;
Kill 'em all and you're a god.
January 3, 2003 5:11:57 AM

Which CPU do you have ?

I don't love this board, but I don't hate it either. If anything, I dislike the BIOS's, all the way up to 1001.G.

January 3, 2003 9:15:13 PM

I use Asus A7N8X Deluxe with 2400+ (T-bred B). I have experienced a few problems with it, but I will try to exchange it as fast as possible. When I use 1001C bios, the one that comes with it from the beginning, I can change the multiplyer. No problems at all. With 1001G I could'nt. so this is just a bios related issue for the mobo. I never had time to try, but perhaps 1001E works better? Anyways the nforce2 rules, and A7N8X is the best card avalible!
January 3, 2003 11:26:19 PM

Quote:
I have experienced a few problems with it, but I will try to exchange it as fast as possible.

What kind of problems have you experienced ?

<b>Important:</b> What stepping is your XP2400+ ? (You know "AIU?B", replace the questionmark with a letter).

I have come to the conclusion that all this unlocking business can either be resolved by the motherboard or by the CPU. It would therefore be helpful if you could provide information on both your motherboard and CPU.

Based on my research, I'm now also able to use all multipliers ranging from 5.0 to 12.5, that is, WITHOUT connecting the L5 bridge. This is together with the original 1001.C BIOS, <b>not</b> the 1001.G BIOS. This fits perfectly with your observations.

I'm just in the middle of testing my CPU with the various settings, currently my CPU is running 2100MHz on a 200MHz FSB, i.e 10.5 multiplier. When I'm finished posting this mail, I'll have a go on the 11.5 multiplier, i.e 2300MHz and FSB 200MHz, and after that I'll try the x12 multiplier which is on the very edge of my CPU's capability @ 1.85V.

!