Repair Install

August 2, 2005 6:34:01 PM

I ran a repair install on XP Pro. It is asking me for the product ID. The
folder that the disc came in was long ago lost. Is there a way to pull the
product ID from the computer? Is there a way around this?

More about : repair install

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:56:02 PM

"Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

|>I ran a repair install on XP Pro. It is asking me for the product ID. The
|>folder that the disc came in was long ago lost. Is there a way to pull the
|>product ID from the computer? Is there a way around this?

Ever wonder what the rest of the world is searching for?
http://tinyurl.com/6ow99
August 3, 2005 11:07:15 AM

Mike wrote:

> I ran a repair install on XP Pro. It is asking me for the product ID. The
> folder that the disc came in was long ago lost. Is there a way to pull the
> product ID from the computer? Is there a way around this?

If you can boot into that installation there are a variety of programs
that will retrieve the CD key for you:

ViewXP http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/ViewKeyXP.exe

AIDA32 http://www.aumha.org/freeware.htm

Belarc Advisor http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html