Repair Install

I ran a repair install on XP Pro. It is asking me for the product ID. The
folder that the disc came in was long ago lost. Is there a way to pull the
product ID from the computer? Is there a way around this?
2 answers Last reply
More about repair install

    "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    |>I ran a repair install on XP Pro. It is asking me for the product ID. The
    |>folder that the disc came in was long ago lost. Is there a way to pull the
    |>product ID from the computer? Is there a way around this?

    Ever wonder what the rest of the world is searching for?
    http://tinyurl.com/6ow99

    Mike wrote:

    > I ran a repair install on XP Pro. It is asking me for the product ID. The
    > folder that the disc came in was long ago lost. Is there a way to pull the
    > product ID from the computer? Is there a way around this?

    If you can boot into that installation there are a variety of programs
    that will retrieve the CD key for you:

    ViewXP http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/ViewKeyXP.exe

    AIDA32 http://www.aumha.org/freeware.htm

    Belarc Advisor http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html