Free Drop Target Mech

Don't know what game its from, perhaps something late model since it
has connector plugs:

http://www.chrislyon.com/freethingy.jpg

It's a 5-target mech, one target is missing. It's free, and I will
even pay shipping, but you must meet the following two requirements:

1. You need it, or at least part of it.
2. You have posted at least one helpful (or attempted helpful) comment
on RGP in the last month. Not too picky, can be tech tips, or even
just explaining rules to someone.

If you don't meet number 2, you can shoot me a message anyway, but
preference goes to those who do.

--Chris

Hi Chris,

I would guess it is a late model Gottlieb (System 3) assembly, based on the
coil wrapper--quit salivating, Rick... A generous offer you have made, too
bad I can't use it!

Regards,
Dan.

What's weird about it, is that missing target. It really looks like
there was never one there. No switch, no target, and no evidence of
one being there. My first thought was Flintstones actually, since I
knew it had bowling stuff in it, but after looking at pictures, thats a
definite no. Also, I'm pretty sure Williams was using optos for Drop
Targets at that point in time.

You are *correct* sir. So... why are there bowling balls in a golf
game?!?

Actually yes; to be specific, in a well developed coconut two of them are
hard and one is softer. Not big enough to fit adult fingers. Btw, I know
this from trying to get at the milk when I was younger, now I know it's
better to drink from young coconuts where you can just slice of the top. In
some parts of Mexico you can buy them cold at roadside stalls (Coco Fria), I
get mine at an oriental supermarket, they come from Thailand, one of my
favorite drinks. The flesh on these is also quite delicous, fairly soft
sometimes almost gelatinous. Now there was more info on coconuts than you
needed to know ;-)

GRY

"Chris Lyon" <ltcmdrobvious@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Do coconuts have "3" eyes?

Oh I've husked and cracked open coconuts myself down in Hawaii. My
grandma lives there and has a tree in her back yard. But you have to
admit, these look a hell of a lot like bowling balls. ;-)

If you have the brown husk removed from the huge green shell, yes. LTG :)

"Chris Lyon" <ltcmdrobvious@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Do coconuts have "3" eyes?

yeah that a GTB part. hex screws not philips. Gtb connector.
looks to be from a bowling theme? Was there bowling theme later GTB game?
Timathie CARGPB15
"Dan Beck" <biscuitbecks@*nospam*cableone.net> wrote in message
> Hi Chris,
>
> I would guess it is a late model Gottlieb (System 3) assembly, based on
> the coil wrapper--quit salivating, Rick... A generous offer you have
> made, too bad I can't use it!
>
> Regards,
> Dan.

It looks like the drop target assembly from Teed Off and the missing target
is supposed to be missing.

Kevin M

> What's weird about it, is that missing target. It really looks like
> there was never one there. No switch, no target, and no evidence of
> one being there. My first thought was Flintstones actually, since I
> knew it had bowling stuff in it, but after looking at pictures, thats a
> definite no. Also, I'm pretty sure Williams was using optos for Drop
> Targets at that point in time.

I was wondering that myself, I think they are supposed to be coconuts with
the 3 "eyes"...They look more like bowling balls.