Microsoft Certification process

Is it true that uncle Bill is getting stricter with Most Valuable Pirates by insisting a certification process before updates can be downloaded?

Upto now I was ignoring this stupid process but it seems I have to apply for a free software because my current M$ software was bought legally from a convicted pirate :). How do I go about getting a free copy of licensed Windows XP SP2?

Big John

Windows Genuine Advantage Offers
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/offers/default.aspx

About Genuine Microsoft Software
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/whyvalidate.aspx

Windows Genuine Advantage FAQ
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en

Protecting Your Privacy
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/PrivacyInfo.aspx?displaylang=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

John Stokdyk wrote:
> Is it true that uncle Bill is getting stricter with Most Valuable Pirates by insisting a certification process before updates can be downloaded?
>
> Upto now I was ignoring this stupid process but it seems I have to apply for a free software because my current M$ software was bought legally from a convicted pirate :). How do I go about getting a free copy of licensed Windows XP SP2?
>
> Big John

Now that is a contradiction in terms. Something cannot be
legally obtained when the original source is illegal. It is
tainted all the way! But good luck at winning a bounty in
the Microsoft Genuine Advantage game...turn in the pirate
or counterfeiter.