TZ prototype ??

Hi,

I have seen a picture of a Twilight Zone.
On that picture i could see that there is no "flip here" text on the
mini-playfield.
I couldn't see if there is a third magnet.

Is this a prototype or a mini-playfield of a prototype?
Or are there early-production games with this mini-playfield?

greets,

Pascal from www.flipperfarm.be

http://www.gameroommagazine.com/tzproto1.htm

Pascal - FlipperFarm.be wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have seen a picture of a Twilight Zone.
> On that picture i could see that there is no "flip here" text on the
> mini-playfield.
> I couldn't see if there is a third magnet.
>
> Is this a prototype or a mini-playfield of a prototype?
> Or are there early-production games with this mini-playfield?
>
> greets,
>
> Pascal from www.flipperfarm.be

i can see on the picture that there is no spiral-sign and the
gumball-sign is not red but just like all the others.

so maybe an early production.
is this rare?

Pascal

So it's not a prototype.
But is it possible that it will have a third magnet? (i can't see that
on the picture)
and, if ithas a third magnet, is it very rare?

pascal

Not likely a prototype. More likely a sample or early TZ. This site
http://users.frii.com/foxtrot/games/tz_smp.html will help you with some of
the differences. LTG :)

"Pascal - FlipperFarm.be" <pascal@flipperfarm.be> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have seen a picture of a Twilight Zone.
> On that picture i could see that there is no "flip here" text on the
> mini-playfield.
> I couldn't see if there is a third magnet.
>
> Is this a prototype or a mini-playfield of a prototype?
> Or are there early-production games with this mini-playfield?
>
> greets,
>
> Pascal from www.flipperfarm.be

Pascal - FlipperFarm.be wrote:
> So it's not a prototype.
> But is it possible that it will have a third magnet? (i can't see that
> on the picture)
> and, if ithas a third magnet, is it very rare?
>
> pascal

if it has the third magnet - especially a factory installed third magnet
it is worth more than a "normal" TZ.
how much more depends on the buyer.
Dan

I have one . . .

http://www.mantisamusements.com/projects/tz1.htm

--
Kerry Stair

Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"

"Pascal - FlipperFarm.be" <pascal@flipperfarm.be> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have seen a picture of a Twilight Zone.
> On that picture i could see that there is no "flip here" text on the
> mini-playfield.
> I couldn't see if there is a third magnet.
>
> Is this a prototype or a mini-playfield of a prototype?
> Or are there early-production games with this mini-playfield?
>
> greets,
>
> Pascal from www.flipperfarm.be

Adi

Look inside the cabinet and see what the date of manufacturing is (this is
not set in stone, second hand information): February 1993 - prototype
(extremely rare), March 1993 - sample, Early April 1993 - early production.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

"Pascal - FlipperFarm.be" <pascal@flipperfarm.be> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have seen a picture of a Twilight Zone.
> On that picture i could see that there is no "flip here" text on the
> mini-playfield.
> I couldn't see if there is a third magnet.
>
> Is this a prototype or a mini-playfield of a prototype?
> Or are there early-production games with this mini-playfield?
>
> greets,
>
> Pascal from www.flipperfarm.be

Beautiful looking TZ, Kerry!

pr

Kerry Stair wrote:
> I have one . . .
>
> http://www.mantisamusements.com/projects/tz1.htm
>

> --
> Kerry Stair
>
> Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"
>

> "Pascal - FlipperFarm.be" <pascal@flipperfarm.be> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have seen a picture of a Twilight Zone.
> > On that picture i could see that there is no "flip here" text on the
> > mini-playfield.
> > I couldn't see if there is a third magnet.
> >
> > Is this a prototype or a mini-playfield of a prototype?
> > Or are there early-production games with this mini-playfield?
> >
> > greets,
> >
> > Pascal from www.flipperfarm.be

Now that's really a proto.
You should also notice the RED clock boards...
I only wonder what happenden to the right spiral sign
what I see on the picture is not even the early decal version but a very
normal full production one.

--
With kind Regards / Met vriendelijke groet
Hans Balk
>I have one . . .
>
> http://www.mantisamusements.com/projects/tz1.htm
>

> --
> Kerry Stair
>
> Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"
>

> "Pascal - FlipperFarm.be" <pascal@flipperfarm.be> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have seen a picture of a Twilight Zone.
>> On that picture i could see that there is no "flip here" text on the
>> mini-playfield.
>> I couldn't see if there is a third magnet.
>>
>> Is this a prototype or a mini-playfield of a prototype?
>> Or are there early-production games with this mini-playfield?
>>
>> greets,
>>
>> Pascal from www.flipperfarm.be

I never had that one on it. This proto field was missing a few minor things
so I substituted production items to complete it. The proto gumball machine
was unusable and would jam on every ball. Since it was more important to me
to play it then keep it all original I put a production gumball machine in
also.
I'm having a ball playing it !! twice this weekend I was on the
brink of LITZ and lost it. 3 ball tournament mode with wide open lanes and
fresh clearcoated playfield can be brutal :) Notice I took out the posts
in the middle of the pop bumpers but I never skill shot as its too risky ;-)

Awesum game !!

--

"Shoot 'M Again" <*NOSPAM*hansbalk@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Now that's really a proto.
> You should also notice the RED clock boards...
> I only wonder what happenden to the right spiral sign
> what I see on the picture is not even the early decal version but a very
> normal full production one.
>

> --
> With kind Regards / Met vriendelijke groet
> Hans Balk
> The Shoot 'M Again Team
> www.shootmagain.nl
> www.flipperwinkel.NL
> "Kerry Stair" <info@mantisamusements.com> schreef in bericht
>>I have one . . .
>>
>> http://www.mantisamusements.com/projects/tz1.htm
>>

>> --
>> Kerry Stair
>>
>> Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"
>>

>> "Pascal - FlipperFarm.be" <pascal@flipperfarm.be> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have seen a picture of a Twilight Zone.
>>> On that picture i could see that there is no "flip here" text on the
>>> mini-playfield.
>>> I couldn't see if there is a third magnet.
>>>
>>> Is this a prototype or a mini-playfield of a prototype?
>>> Or are there early-production games with this mini-playfield?
>>>
>>> greets,
>>>
>>> Pascal from www.flipperfarm.be

Any airballs off the clock target?

--

Rob

"Kerry Stair" <info@mantisamusements.com> wrote in message
>I never had that one on it. This proto field was missing a few minor
>things so I substituted production items to complete it. The proto gumball
>machine was unusable and would jam on every ball. Since it was more
>important to me to play it then keep it all original I put a production
>gumball machine in also.
> I'm having a ball playing it !! twice this weekend I was on the
> brink of LITZ and lost it. 3 ball tournament mode with wide open lanes
> and fresh clearcoated playfield can be brutal :) Notice I took out the
> posts in the middle of the pop bumpers but I never skill shot as its too
> risky ;-)
>
> Awesum game !!
>

> --
> Kerry Stair
>
> Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"
>

> "Shoot 'M Again" <*NOSPAM*hansbalk@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>> Now that's really a proto.
>> You should also notice the RED clock boards...
>> I only wonder what happenden to the right spiral sign
>> what I see on the picture is not even the early decal version but a very
>> normal full production one.
>>

>> --
>> With kind Regards / Met vriendelijke groet
>> Hans Balk
>> The Shoot 'M Again Team
>> www.shootmagain.nl
>> www.flipperwinkel.NL
>> "Kerry Stair" <info@mantisamusements.com> schreef in bericht
>>>I have one . . .
>>>
>>> http://www.mantisamusements.com/projects/tz1.htm
>>>

>>> --
>>> Kerry Stair
>>>
>>> Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"
>>>

>>> "Pascal - FlipperFarm.be" <pascal@flipperfarm.be> wrote in message

Hmmm
Seems we have a disagree here.

I love the rubbershield between the jets and the skillshot is not that risky
on my game.

Oh, well, I played a few dozen of TZ's but they rarely feel the same.
With kind Regards / Met vriendelijke groet
Hans Balk
The Shoot 'M Again Team
www.shootmagain.nl
www.flipperwinkel.NL
"Kerry Stair" <info@mantisamusements.com> schreef in bericht
>I never had that one on it. This proto field was missing a few minor
>things so I substituted production items to complete it. The proto gumball
>machine was unusable and would jam on every ball. Since it was more
>important to me to play it then keep it all original I put a production
>gumball machine in also.
> I'm having a ball playing it !! twice this weekend I was on the
> brink of LITZ and lost it. 3 ball tournament mode with wide open lanes
> and fresh clearcoated playfield can be brutal :) Notice I took out the
> posts in the middle of the pop bumpers but I never skill shot as its too
> risky ;-)
>
> Awesum game !!
>

> --
> Kerry Stair
>
> Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"
>

> "Shoot 'M Again" <*NOSPAM*hansbalk@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>> Now that's really a proto.
>> You should also notice the RED clock boards...
>> I only wonder what happenden to the right spiral sign
>> what I see on the picture is not even the early decal version but a very
>> normal full production one.
>>

>> --
>> With kind Regards / Met vriendelijke groet
>> Hans Balk
>> The Shoot 'M Again Team
>> www.shootmagain.nl
>> www.flipperwinkel.NL
>> "Kerry Stair" <info@mantisamusements.com> schreef in bericht
>>>I have one . . .
>>>
>>> http://www.mantisamusements.com/projects/tz1.htm
>>>

>>> --
>>> Kerry Stair
>>>
>>> Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"
>>>

>>> "Pascal - FlipperFarm.be" <pascal@flipperfarm.be> wrote in message

Not after putting in my slot weldment ;-)

http://www.mantisamusements.com/replaceparts.htm

--

"Rob G" <lost.in.the.zone@sasktel.net> wrote in message
> Any airballs off the clock target?
>
> --
>

> Rob
>
> "Kerry Stair" <info@mantisamusements.com> wrote in message
>>I never had that one on it. This proto field was missing a few minor
>>things so I substituted production items to complete it. The proto
>>gumball machine was unusable and would jam on every ball. Since it was
>>more important to me to play it then keep it all original I put a
>>production gumball machine in also.
>> I'm having a ball playing it !! twice this weekend I was on the
>> brink of LITZ and lost it. 3 ball tournament mode with wide open lanes
>> and fresh clearcoated playfield can be brutal :) Notice I took out the
>> posts in the middle of the pop bumpers but I never skill shot as its too
>> risky ;-)
>>
>> Awesum game !!
>>

>> --
>> Kerry Stair
>>
>> Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"
>>

>> "Shoot 'M Again" <*NOSPAM*hansbalk@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>>> Now that's really a proto.
>>> You should also notice the RED clock boards...
>>> I only wonder what happenden to the right spiral sign
>>> what I see on the picture is not even the early decal version but a very
>>> normal full production one.
>>>

>>> --
>>> With kind Regards / Met vriendelijke groet
>>> Hans Balk
>>> The Shoot 'M Again Team
>>> www.shootmagain.nl
>>> www.flipperwinkel.NL
>>> "Kerry Stair" <info@mantisamusements.com> schreef in bericht

Not the slot target, but the clock target. No matter how much I reinforced
the clock target (bolted it together even), glancing shots had a nasty habit
of launching over the piano scoop into the right orbit lane. I even had the
clock
target bent forward 5 degrees and I was still getting airballs. Now I bent
it forward
about 15 degrees now and it seems ok. I think the ramp flaps on either side
of the target are contributing factors because the ball is beginning to
travel
up as it's rebounding back.

Another thing I notice is that the reason so many have problams with the
auto kicker shooting the ball properly is that the ball is actually being
thrown
up the shooter lane by the kicker arm. I think it glances off the bottom of
the
gate assembly and loses random amounts of momentum. Sometimes it's even
stopped dead as it hits the gate. I'm trying to figure out an easy solution
for
this to keep the ball from getting airborne. Maybe a slightly weaker coil
or
stronger spring on the armature.

--

> Not after putting in my slot weldment ;-)
>
> http://www.mantisamusements.com/replaceparts.htm
>

> --
> Kerry Stair
>
> Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"
>

> "Rob G" <lost.in.the.zone@sasktel.net> wrote in message
>> Any airballs off the clock target?
>>
>> --
>>

>> Rob
>>
>> "Kerry Stair" <info@mantisamusements.com> wrote in message
>>>I never had that one on it. This proto field was missing a few minor
>>>things so I substituted production items to complete it. The proto
>>>gumball machine was unusable and would jam on every ball. Since it was
>>>more important to me to play it then keep it all original I put a
>>>production gumball machine in also.
>>> I'm having a ball playing it !! twice this weekend I was on the
>>> brink of LITZ and lost it. 3 ball tournament mode with wide open lanes
>>> and fresh clearcoated playfield can be brutal :) Notice I took out the
>>> posts in the middle of the pop bumpers but I never skill shot as its too
>>> risky ;-)
>>>
>>> Awesum game !!
>>>

>>> --
>>> Kerry Stair
>>>
>>> Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"
>>>

>>> "Shoot 'M Again" <*NOSPAM*hansbalk@xs4all.nl> wrote in message

I cheated there and put in the capcom target. This has the extra support in
back :) It eliminates movement from the clock target and also eliminates
airballs. It is important to have the target at slightly less then 90
degrees to the playfield. Anything above 90 degrees will cause airballs
regardless !

Make sure the auto kicker is firing it straight out. Sometimes they aren't
shooting straight which compounds the problem !