Problem trying to uninstall a computer game

Hello.

I need help. I was uninstalling my computer game ... Homeworld, and I
accidently canceled the uninstall. Now when I try to play is it gives me:

"Windows cannot find'C:\Sierra\HOMEWO~1\homeowrld.exe'. Make sure you typed
the name correctly, and try again. To search for a file click the start
button, and then click search."

then this pops up:

"Could not execute the external program C:\Sierra\HOMEWO~1\Homeoworld.exe."

Now I tried to click search, but it froze windows. I don't knwo what's going
on. I tried going to control panel to erase homeworld, and I did, but I still
cannot play it/uninstall it, or re-install it. Can someone help me? Maybe
there's a way I can uninstall it completely, then ofcourse re-install it
back. Please! I need HELP!!

Have you tried going to a restore point that has an earlier date than
when you tried to uninstall the game?

Yes I have and got nothing.

"GreenieLeBrun" wrote:

> Have you tried going to a restore point that has an earlier date than
> when you tried to uninstall the game?

SteveL

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004

re-install the game.

Robb Reis wrote:
> Yes I have and got nothing.
>
> "GreenieLeBrun" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried going to a restore point that has an earlier date than
> > when you tried to uninstall the game?

It looks as though you will have to bite the bullet and delve into the
registry.

Before doing this back up all your important data, bookmarks, email,
addressbooks etc. then look at:-
How to back up, edit, and restore the registry in Windows XP and
Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322756

You will probably have to search for Sierra and Homeworld entries in
the registry and delete those entries that pertain to Homeworld, if you
have no other Sierra apps installed then you could delete all the
Sierra entries as well.

BE CAREFULL - meddling with the registry could result in you having to
reinstall everything.

Good luck.

Re install and then use then uninstall feature of the game

--
Peter