laptop doesn't find network

shooter

Hi,
I just got a new HP zd7000 notebook pc with a Broadcom
802.11b wireless adapter in it. I'm trying to connect
this computer to an existing network i have set up with a
mn-700 base station. currently i have 2 computers
connected, a pc via ethernet and a dell notebook via
wirelss 802.11g. Both work fine. My new notebook
doesn't though. My new notebook doesn't recongize the
network, that is it doesn't show up under avialable
networks. I have entered the settings into the preferred
network category and when I hit refresh the little icon
next to the ssid name goes from a tower with a red slash
through it, to a tower with a blue circle around it like
its connected. However this network doesn't show up
under the available networks. So what should I do?

Start by checking that the router is enabled for both b and
g protocols, and the wifi card and the router are set to
the same channel.

shooter

Both cards are set to channel 11 and the base station is
set to mixed b and g mode. Still doesn't work. Now
What?