Windows Messenger won't disable

JS

I've tried again and again. Even tried "shoot the messenger" but every time
I launch OE Windows messenger starts asking me to add contact etc.
I have "automatically log onto Windows Messenger" unchecked in the Tools >
Options ....
But it still goes through the steps.

What can I do? I want this out of my computer.

Thanks

"JS" wrote:

> I've tried again and again. Even tried "shoot the messenger" but every time
> I launch OE Windows messenger starts asking me to add contact etc.
> I have "automatically log onto Windows Messenger" unchecked in the Tools >
> Options ....
> But it still goes through the steps.
>
> What can I do? I want this out of my computer.
>
> Thanks

Delete C:\Program Files\Messenger, it should work...
if this isn´t work, just use format c: ^_^

"JS" wrote:

> I've tried again and again. Even tried "shoot the messenger" but every time
> I launch OE Windows messenger starts asking me to add contact etc.
> I have "automatically log onto Windows Messenger" unchecked in the Tools >
> Options ....
> But it still goes through the steps.
>
> What can I do? I want this out of my computer.
>
> Thanks

Delete C:\Program Files\Messenger, it should work...
if this isn´t work, just use format c: ^_^

Stop Windows Messenger from Auto-Starting:

Disable the Contacts Pane. View | Layout.

If that does not do it, see:

http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/disabmes.htm

And, you can try this:

Go to Start>Run>Regedit>OK. Find and delete the
following Registry Key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
\Software
\Microsoft
\Windows
\CurrentVersion
\Run
\MSMSGS - {Delete}

***********************************
For XP only:

If you want to disable Windows Messenger completely, use the Manage Add-on
feature.
Open IE - Hold Alt - Tap T and A. Disable Windows Messenger. It can be
enabled in the future should you want to.

Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - (IE/OE)
~IB-CA~

"JS" <y@y.com> wrote in message
> I've tried again and again. Even tried "shoot the messenger" but every
> time I launch OE Windows messenger starts asking me to add contact etc.
> I have "automatically log onto Windows Messenger" unchecked in the Tools >
> Options ....
> But it still goes through the steps.
>
> What can I do? I want this out of my computer.
>
> Thanks

Why would someone want to fromat their C: drive to get rid of Messenger?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:A726966A-63A5-40B1-895B-9ADD465AA69C@microsoft.com,
Holyclan <Holyclan@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> "JS" wrote:
>
>> I've tried again and again. Even tried "shoot the messenger" but every
>> time I launch OE Windows messenger starts asking me to add contact etc.
>> I have "automatically log onto Windows Messenger" unchecked in the Tools
>> > Options ....
>> But it still goes through the steps.
>>
>> What can I do? I want this out of my computer.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Delete C:\Program Files\Messenger, it should work...
> if this isn´t work, just use format c: ^_^

Why would anyone fromat anything.

That should have been format.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uFojtc8lFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Wesley Vogel <123WVogel955@comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
> Why would someone want to fromat their C: drive to get rid of Messenger?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:A726966A-63A5-40B1-895B-9ADD465AA69C@microsoft.com,
> Holyclan <Holyclan@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>> "JS" wrote:
>>
>>> I've tried again and again. Even tried "shoot the messenger" but every
>>> time I launch OE Windows messenger starts asking me to add contact etc.
>>> I have "automatically log onto Windows Messenger" unchecked in the Tools
>>> But it still goes through the steps.
>>>
>>> What can I do? I want this out of my computer.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Delete C:\Program Files\Messenger, it should work...
>> if this isn´t work, just use format c: ^_^

"Shoot the Messenger" is a different thing. It disables the "Messenger
Service" of Windows, which is irrelevant to "Windows Messenger IM".

Disable/Remove Windows Messenger:

Prevent Windows Messenger from Running on a Windows XP-Based Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302089

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org