software installation

August 2, 2005 9:19:07 PM

Hi, I have Windows xp home with sp2... I have two problems:
1 = I try to install Microsoft streets # strips,when i run the set up cd
that message came on telling me "We were not able to locate the Microsoft
Windows ce services application manager please make sure that you have that
you have Windows ce installed"
problem#2
2= When i put a usb memory stick in the front usb 2.0 ports, the computer
doesn't show a drive.The usb ports in the back of the computer are working,
and in device manager, all usb ports and hub are working properly....your
help will be appreciated....Thanks

More about : software installation

August 2, 2005 10:43:57 PM

Gus wrote:

> Hi, I have Windows xp home with sp2... I have two problems:
> 1 = I try to install Microsoft streets # strips,when i run the set up
> cd that message came on telling me "We were not able to locate the
> Microsoft Windows ce services application manager please make sure
> that you have that you have Windows ce installed"
> problem#2
> 2= When i put a usb memory stick in the front usb 2.0 ports, the
> computer doesn't show a drive.The usb ports in the back of the
> computer are working, and in device manager, all usb ports and hub are
> working properly....your help will be appreciated....Thanks

1. It sounds like you are trying to install the wrong version of Streets
& Trips. MS CE is used for handheld devices like PocketPC. In any case,
here's a link to that product's tech support page:

http://www.microsoft.com/streets/support.mspx

2. Very often with home-built or locally built computers the front USB
ports will not be connected to the motherboard. You would need to open
the computer and look. If this is an OEM machine made by one of the big
mftrs. like Dell, HP, etc. then call their tech support because
certainly when you buy one of those machines all the USB ports are
connected and should be working.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

"Gus" <Gus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Hi, I have Windows xp home with sp2... I have two
problems:
: 1 = I try to install Microsoft streets # strips,when i run
the set up cd
: that message came on telling me "We were not able to
locate the Microsoft
: Windows ce services application manager please make sure
that you have that
: you have Windows ce installed"
: problem#2
--->It sounds like you are installing pocket streets, and
not streets and trips.

: 2= When i put a usb memory stick in the front usb 2.0
ports, the computer
: doesn't show a drive.The usb ports in the back of the
computer are working,
: and in device manager, all usb ports and hub are working
properly....your
: help will be appreciated....Thanks
-Rt click on >My Computer >Manage >Disk Management. You may
find the USB drive there. Just assign it a drive letter
!