software installation

Hi, I have Windows xp home with sp2... I have two problems:
1 = I try to install Microsoft streets # strips,when i run the set up cd
that message came on telling me "We were not able to locate the Microsoft
Windows ce services application manager please make sure that you have that
you have Windows ce installed"
problem#2
2= When i put a usb memory stick in the front usb 2.0 ports, the computer
doesn't show a drive.The usb ports in the back of the computer are working,
and in device manager, all usb ports and hub are working properly....your
help will be appreciated....Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about software installation

    Gus wrote:

    > Hi, I have Windows xp home with sp2... I have two problems:
    > 1 = I try to install Microsoft streets # strips,when i run the set up
    > cd that message came on telling me "We were not able to locate the
    > Microsoft Windows ce services application manager please make sure
    > that you have that you have Windows ce installed"
    > problem#2
    > 2= When i put a usb memory stick in the front usb 2.0 ports, the
    > computer doesn't show a drive.The usb ports in the back of the
    > computer are working, and in device manager, all usb ports and hub are
    > working properly....your help will be appreciated....Thanks

    1. It sounds like you are trying to install the wrong version of Streets
    & Trips. MS CE is used for handheld devices like PocketPC. In any case,
    here's a link to that product's tech support page:

    http://www.microsoft.com/streets/support.mspx

    2. Very often with home-built or locally built computers the front USB
    ports will not be connected to the motherboard. You would need to open
    the computer and look. If this is an OEM machine made by one of the big
    mftrs. like Dell, HP, etc. then call their tech support because
    certainly when you buy one of those machines all the USB ports are
    connected and should be working.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    "Gus" <Gus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : Hi, I have Windows xp home with sp2... I have two
    problems:
    : 1 = I try to install Microsoft streets # strips,when i run
    the set up cd
    : that message came on telling me "We were not able to
    locate the Microsoft
    : Windows ce services application manager please make sure
    that you have that
    : you have Windows ce installed"
    : problem#2
    --->It sounds like you are installing pocket streets, and
    not streets and trips.

    : 2= When i put a usb memory stick in the front usb 2.0
    ports, the computer
    : doesn't show a drive.The usb ports in the back of the
    computer are working,
    : and in device manager, all usb ports and hub are working
    properly....your
    : help will be appreciated....Thanks
    -Rt click on >My Computer >Manage >Disk Management. You may
    find the USB drive there. Just assign it a drive letter

Microsoft USB Windows XP